The Parking Lot Kittens

With the help of a young lady, I have managed to grab one of the latest litter of kittens. Pretty calm around humans, if you want a kitten (5 weeks old right now).

While I would dearly love to give this kitten straight to a family, I personally can’t keep it (apartment–bleh), does anyone have recommendations on the best place to give it up for adoption?

1 Like

I think my roommate adopted his last 2 kitties from operation kindness… I dont know how their intake is though.

Pretty weird. Granted, the baby seems to be in good health, which is a requirement for them. We’ll see.

The animal shelters in the richer suburbs seem to be good at managing and placement. The one in Flower Mound is the swankest shelter I’ve ever seen. Give them a call.

1 Like

They should probably go through our local shelter. Not sure what jurisdiction the space is in.
I think I saw on another thread that y’all were trying to catch mama, yes? Is a trap needed, because I have one.
Last batch I trapped had 4 female kittens and already re-pregnant mom. Yikes.

1 Like

If you could bring a trap, that’d be great. Ideally I want 3 traps (@jast?). One for Mama, one for the remaining kitten, and one for Squirt. Squirt is already fixed, but he’s pretty fond of food, and that may override his concern about traps.

I should be up on Tuesday. Where would you like me to leave it for you?

Can you leave it on the table next to the Women’s restroom in the Common Room?

1 Like

Do you not already have mine?
Could have sworn I’d dropped it off for you…

Nope, you don’t, because it’s in my garage…
Can I drop it by that same locale on Monday?

That would be perfect. Good answer! I know we’d talked about it ages ago, but life must have happened. It does that, frequently.

1 Like

any more kittens?

I’ve seen one other one, but he’s speedy. I’m hoping he’ll be trapable with some food, because I’m hoping I can trap Mama. She didn’t look very big this time, so it may well be only 2 kittens. (The one I could grab, and the speedy one.)

Why Josh, Why Josh? Your not going to do science on them are you? :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

Logistics could tag it and call for its removal. (Tee hee)

1 Like

Hrm, I wonder if they could tag and call for the removal of people too? (teehee)

3 Likes

Dammit!
Thing is still in my trunk, and I’m nowhere near DMS (forgot to swing by while I was near).
I’ll get it over there tomorrow…

1 Like

Tomorrow is good – I should be getting the other one tomorrow too.

@dryad2b
Can I get my trap back from you for a few days? I have a friend that needs to borrow it.

There is a live trap in the Common Room, next to the Ladies restroom. Is this the one you are referring to?