The new Sherline tools are in!

The new Sherline lathe and mill are in. Thank You to Rich Meyer and @Photomancer for assembling them.
They are operational but not fully in service yet. we still have a couple of loose ends and need to check that everything is trammed and square and then we can let the fun begin. They may be small but these are very well made precision tools. It is our hope that these will introduce lots of new members to machining without the intimidation of the larger machines.

Will these require training?? Yes, but mostly an introduction into how everything works. It is intended that these be the vehicle to teach/learn about machining. We WANT people using them so we’ll focus on getting some experienced users trained up on them so that they can in turn help others. we’ll then form some training and project classes around them. The machine shop has been moving pretty fast on things so this will be no different.

Cheers!

6 Likes

These are nice tools - and @richmeyer is donating and another Sherline lathe.

These will be great machines to learn machine milling and lathe work: metal or plastics. Plus the lathe has a DRO, something desired on the big lathe but not readily retro-fitted (at least at rea$sonable co$t).

I think CA & Jewelry folks will find a lot of cool things they will now be able to do.

3 Likes

I’m excited to get my hands on them!! Bring on the classes!!

2 Likes