The Mosh Pit: Post your Rage here

2l or 3L, can toss ice in, toss in back pack $20 or $24 or wear as one.

Great family outings.

1 Like

That’s when I’d drop kick the dog, punter style, before drop kicking the owner too.

Non-political pet peeves:

Stripped screw heads.
Not color coding or labeling wires.
Crimp connections that weren’t done right.
Lack of documentation without a reason.
The price of parks pantry items.
Having to wake up early.

Political:
Student loans are a total racket.
Cost of living going up while wages are stagnant.
Healthcare is a total racket.
Equality still having to be fought for.
War profiteering.
Wealth gap allowing corporations to get away with anything and the poor being punished.

4 Likes

Home prices have doubled, but have income doubled? its fueled on low interest debt.

1 Like

Getting priced out of a home you have lived in 25+ years due to increase in property tax rates. All the while operating under reduced services due to covid. Next cycle property taxes are going to go way up due to the loss of sales taxes funding city services. We have just seen the start of the economic crisis.

6 Likes

The sad truth is all of this, while true(ish) – is, in the final analysis, the result of human nature. We used to have one back in the day, but if you can figure out a fix for that that works in the modern era, I am all ears, and there may be a Nobel Peace Prize in it for you (sorry, I insist we break with current traditon such that you’ll actually have to do something for yours).

This statement is dumb in a couple of ways. Start a separate thread and I’ll explain to you why.

1 Like

You aint kidding. Mine went up about 300 a month, unfortunately I missed the right to protest. I thought Denton county was the same as Dallas county. June 15th. Nope. I found out the hard way, May 31.

[quote=“mblatz, post:210, topic:53385”]
hat you’ll actually have to do something for yours).

I’ll start. You don’t spend 100% of your income on housing. It doesn’t take a doubling of income to pay for a doubling of housing costs.

I’m sorry that your kids were bit by this dog. I’m also sorry that the dog had to lose his live over it. My biggest pet peeve is bad owners that lead to sad situations like this. I’m a strong believer that there are no such things as bad dogs, just bad owners. Obviously no ones dog should be running around biting children, and if you know your dog doesn’t like kids, keep them away, buy a muzzle, and don’t let your dog get into these compromising situations where people (and dogs) can get hurt

5 Likes

We got a lawyer to fight it… We filed, yet we still keep getting pushed back on dates, this time to early October. Denton folks are sitting on their asses at home and not working.

Unfortunately, he always became complacent. Somehow or another, their front door would end up open. He always blamed “Contractors” IE older teenage kids doing some work or another. Additionally he blamed my kids for teasing them. They most certainly were not. He said his dog did not like roller blades or bikes. Both of which my kids were on or wearing when they were bit. Previously before my kids were bit, when it attacked my neighbors kid, I warned him about it. He chose to ignore it. In all cases, we were lucky it wasn’t worse. In all cases, I was intercepting the dog within 10 seconds or less.

7 Likes

See also: train your dogs, people!

2 Likes

And your dragons! :dragon: :dragon: :dragon:

4 Likes

What about left over Haggis, Sushi, Escargot, fermented shark??

Pet Friendly

1 Like

GRRRRRR: people who stop when they don’t have a stop sign. Not every intersection is a 4-way stop, you’re gumming up the works!

See also: people who stop where there’s not a stop sign to “be nice” and allow (nay, DEMAND) pedestrians to cross where there’s not a crosswalk.

3 Likes

Add to that people who don’t understand how roundabouts work. Now that they’re becoming more common in the US, it’s getting really frustrating. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

If we are talking about bad driving, then the becoming-more-ubiquitous stopping 8, 10, 15 feet before the next car at a stoplight, effectively doubling the length of the line. Causes real issues when it unnecessarily blocks-off access to a turn lane. If you need that much safety distance because you are not paying attention or are a narcoleptic or just gotta check your Instagram (or TALK!), you probably shouldn’t be driving in first place:

2 Likes

Hey you gotta leave enough room to see the back tires of the car in front of you, in case they do something dumb and you need to get around them.

And now that new car/truck hoodlines are raised because it’s “safer” to hit pedestrians with a wall than a wedge, and lifted bro-dozers seem to be almost de rigeur, well that means stopping further back.

See, they’re just being safe! :wink:

1 Like

58, yes 58 in a 70 mph. Left center lane… weather was not a factor either.

“I’m giving it all it’s got captain” isn’t even an excuse.

2 Likes