The camera site is now official

Visit http://3dfab.dallasmakerspace.org/ to see the printer cams.

Next phase of development will include features from Updates to the 3d printer status page request.

7 Likes

Thanks for doing this. Only one of six is working at the moment but it’s nice to see.

2 Likes

Is it only available at the space? I can’t see it from work behind however many firewalls and NAT they have us bunkered under.

2 Likes

No. I could see from home. Guessing it’s your employer and those NATs, firewalls, and sundries…
:slight_smile:

Same here, can’t see it at work. Not that i should be looking at people 3d Printing at work, but still. I like having the option :smiley:

1 Like

Not that i should be looking at people 3d Printing at work,

Me neither - I still have too many cat videos to get through!

1 Like

Just checked:

Its publicly accessible. Might want to check with a ping or curl to make sure its not some transparent proxy blocking the site.

I noticed LTS is a couple of doors down from us. They sell re-branded Hiks. Are we getting our cameras from them?

Thank you.

Is there a way to add a link to those cameras from the main camera overview page?

Amazon primarily. Some of the older ones are grey-market chinese ones and can’t be easily firmware upgraded.

I’ve ordered a 20x PTZ and 2 Dahua varifocals from China and they have worked very well. The PTZ firmware is outdated, but works well enough with BI.

For work I’ve used LTS at a location. With a corporate account, their prices are very reasonable for US products and they provide good support.

I’ll look into that, it should be easy to do. but might want to put it up on helpdesk.dallasmakerspace.org/new/ so any of the volunteers can jump on it.