The biggest reason why some people are better at math/science than others

Yes and no… I believe we fundamentally agree, but then there is the paradox that you can’t use a system to prove itself. In this case, you can’t use math to prove math because you haven’t yet proven math. 1 + 1 = 2 goes to a " philosophical" explanation that I believe is called “Unique Quantification”. It really isn’t that challenging to explain to a child. They just need a small experiment they can test whenever they like. Take a physical object like a rock, piece of cardboard, desktop (anything solid) and explain that without making a hole, you cannot put your finger through it. This will always be true, anytime, anywhere… some other things are always true as well… like 1 + 1 = 2. In fact, in the universe, there is only one place where 1 + 1 doesn’t always equal 2 and you CAN pass your finger through a solid, namely, in the human mind. That is because chaos only exists in our universe, in the human mind, and not in the physical world. A well ordered mind is less prone to chaos than a cluttered mind… perhaps THAT is why some people read faster, remember things better and are better at math. (see what I did there… came right back to the original subject!)

1 Like