The Beast Lives Again. - aka Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG Welder

The Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG Welder is back in operation. Be aware that we do not have the power to drive it much beyond 160 amps. Beyond that it will pop the breaker in the electrical room.

Also, unlike the Lincoln TIG, it does not have a foot peddle to control torch amperage, but a push button on the torch. This button is operated with your index finger and is a simple on-off switch. Adjustments to amperage are done on the front panel of the welder. Collets and collet bodies are for this machine are in a baggy in the TIG drawer in the tool box.

Completion of a TIG Class is required to use this machine.

Lee…

8 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been wanting to play with some of the knobs it has that the lincoln doesn’t.

1 Like

What kind of torch head? I may have some consumables I can donate.

It’s a W-230.

Regards

Lee…

Thank you Lee.
I might still want a tutorial on all the dial or at least a good reference for base settings.
But I’ll be happy running beads on the other welders and practicing joining tubing frames.
Thanks Again!

Happy to help. I am leaving on a business trip and will be back in two weeks. Contact me when I get back and I will be happy to show you around the Miller 250.

Lee…

2 Likes

Thank you!
I’m in no hurry I’ve got plenty of practicing to do.

If you need help and you catch me around, I’m more than willing to show you what all of the knobs do.

1 Like

Lee by the way, the Lincoln Tig ran out of Argon. For my class tomorrow I’m going to move the cylinder from the Syncrowave. Do we have 100% argon on order from Airgas?

We are trying to get more gas & switch vendors. Airgas has been giving us issues here lately.

Hey Luke,
I came in this morning (wednesday) to use the Lincoln. After moving the Argon from the Syncrowave over to the corner, I was saddened to discover that that cylinder is also depleted.

Are the cylinders over by the garage door empty as well?
-p

Cylinders by the door should be empty, crap. I’ll swing by at lunch to make sure they’re all empty. @TBJK Do you know a source for emergency argon? I have a class tonight :frowning:

Is metrotex welding supply an option? They seemed to have better gas prices when I looked around.

Possibly to take the cylinders over to another supplier & do an exchange.

Alright, going to Metroplex during lunch. Thanks!

Might call them first. Also you will likely need to bring an empty or two.

I got the little stubby swapped. Can I help you guys get a contract signed with someone? Metro seemed nice and i picked up a credit form just in case

1 Like

We are working on that part( @dallasmagna) that is. It is going to take a few days for everything to get set up, At Metroplex.

FYI: Need to return cylinders to the company we are renting them from and get new cylinders from new provider. Otherwise we will continue to pay rent on them.