The AT&T Developer Program will be sponsoring Tour Night on Nov 17th for a Pre-Hackathon Event!

Our PR Chairperson, Luis, has already been communicating with Ed about this and it’s going to happen ~ w00t!

If you have any questions about the upcoming “AT&T IoT Hackathon – Dallas (hosted by The DEC)”: https://att-dallas-wit16.eventbrite.com/?aff=maker - or just want to meet Ed in person prior to the event, please come by the 'Space on November 17th!

I’m tagging some DPRG officers (as currently listed on their site: http://www.dprg.org/general-info), as Ed specifically mentioned she would like members of DPRG to be invited, as well as the full Dallas Makerspace community! :smile:

@sedwardstx @raydms @Doug @JohnK

I’m also tagging @childofthehorn so she can get word out to the “Women Who Code - Dallas” meetup group (https://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Code-Dallas if she’d like, since the theme for this year’s AT&T Developer Hackathon is: “Women in Tech and IoT/Robotics” (see the following for this year’s theme at various locations: https://devsummit.att.com/hackathon-invitational)

Please feel free to reply to this thread to tag anyone you think would be interested in joining us for the “Pre-Hackathon” event during the Tour Night at Dallas Makerspace on Thursday, November 17th!

NOTE: A separate thread will be created in a bit with details for the Hackathon itself. :slight_smile:

Edit to move the related link to the bottom in order to preserve the link without distracting from the actual message of this post. :slight_smile:

#ATTHACK #hackathon #IoT #mechatronics #robotics #WomenInTech #LEARN #HACK #MAKE

2 Likes

Hey y’all… Luis asked that a sign/flyer be posted for this by today (in time for the weekly Open House / Tour Night, so before 7 PM)… I just grabbed the image they are using on the Eventbrite for the actual Hackathon, and put some words from the request I received on it… (A graphic artist, I am not! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

If someone happens to see this before 6:00 PM or so, and can get some copies up on the Bulletin Boards, etc… that would be Most Awesome! (I will be there tonight for the Python Class; but, I probably won’t be ale to show up much earlier than a few minutes and I already have things planned for those few minutes…).

Thanks!
:smile:

Pre-Hackathon Event - November 17th 2016.pdf (794.0 KB)

Hey Y’all ~ Don’t forget the Pre-Hackathon Event tomorrow evening (Thursday, November 17th beginning at 7 PM) at the 'Space!

Stop by to meet Ed and learn more about the upcoming “AT&T IoT Hackathon – Dallas (hosted by The DEC)”: https://att-dallas-wit16.eventbrite.com/?aff=maker that’s happening this weekend.

So what are we getting for AT&T’s sponsorship?

I don’t know all the details. I believe Ed will be on site to answer questions, and I believe they are providing refreshments. As for any other details, it would probably be best to ask our PR Chairperson, Luis ([email protected]).

How do they sponsor an event we do for free every week?

I am guess they are planning on bringing A LOT of people…

Send Luis an email… :slight_smile:

To me that reads like they get to “sponsor” us for free and over tax our tour guides and they get to look good for it.

Maybe Luis should post the updates if all of the other responses are going to be “I dunno, email Luis”

There is more to it than that, but Luis is the one who has been communicating with Ed about it and knows all the details. Luis asked me to post about it, so I did. He also asked me to provide his email address so anyone who has any questions can easily contact him. :smiley:

We have a hack-a-thon screen FYI if someone wants to crank out shirts

Yeah, the actual Hackathon is a pretty big thing. It will be this weekend. I participated in one of theirs a couple of years ago… It was a LOT of fun! :smiley:

I really don’t know what all Ed has planned for Thursday evening at the 'Space… I’m pretty sure that there will be refreshments, and that she will be answering questions about the actual Hackathon. There is money involved, but I have no idea how it’s classified (Donation? etc… I seriously don’t know, which is why I suggest that y’all ask Luis if you want more details…).

Shirts are always fun!

I won’t have time myself… However, if someone else has time - where would the screen be? And what design is it? Are you thinking along the lines of having our members wear them if they participate in the actual Hackathon this weekend, or ??

Screen is in the wooden holder under the silkscreen setup and has a skull/wrench type image.

1 Like

Good to know, Thanks!

That sounds like the Hackaday logo… Without seeing it, I couldn’t be sure… Kewl to know that we have a screen for it! :slight_smile:

The hackaday screen? I’m pretty sure that’s a different place completely.

1 Like

I swear I saw one when I was snooping/cleaning. I will check again.

When is the actual date of the event?

Yeah, if it is the Hackaday image, it is for a different Hackathon. Totally kewl to have the screen available though… Hopefully we will be involved with more Hackaday Hackathons in the future!

The AT&T Developer Program puts on some really great Hackathons - which is the one happening this weekend…

I’m totally hoping to see more Hackathons and group builds, etc at the Space! :smile: :smile: :smile:

The AT&T Developer Program IoT Hackathon is this weekend (Friday night through Saturday night).

Here is a link:

yeah, if you’re talking about this one @uglyknees, this is a completely different event -