Thanks to Coffeebean

April,

I was hoping to reach out to you with a DM, but I haven’t been able to do that with your profile set to private. Laura and I want to thank you for taking the time to run us through Ceramics 101 Saturday. We won’t be able to make it back up there until this weekend, but would like to take you up on your offer of guidance perhaps one evening next week, if your schedule permits. We may see you up there on Saturday, or you can feel free to DM me at your convenience. For the ceramics certs, we’re in the system as Laura Hodge and William Hodge. Thanks again.

5 Likes

You can “@” her here in posts, though: @coffeebean.

1 Like

You are so welcome!!! @meanbaby and I, @coffeebean are happy to help!!! I cannot imàgine why no one can send a message. Did you put the “@” sign in front?
I have something going on saturday until 4, but can meet after that. What others days? Lòoking forward to meeting with you again.

1 Like

I successfully sent a PM to coffeebean this am. Perhaps your PM failed because your TALK account is still too new?

1 Like

Your profile is set to private:

…so normal users cannot initiate a new PM thread to you. This is what I see if I click on your avatar here in this thread to try and message you:

Did you try to start a new PM thread or use an already existing one? An already existing one will allow communication to a hidden profile, I think.

Go to your profile, click ‘messages’, and ‘new message’ and you can start a PM with her.

1 Like

This is what I did - not reusing an existing thread.

Yep…it’s true! I didn’t actually click ‘send’, but I am sure you are correct.

Silly that Discourse then just makes messaging people with a hidden profile “annoyingly difficult”, rather preventing it completely as probably intended when someone hides their profile.

But…anyhoo, “Thanks to Coffeebean!!” (I assume she’s fair-trade and all that?)

1 Like

Try now and look…does it say hidden now?

All good!

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ll try this next time. :slight_smile: thanks

I didn’t mean to omit gratitude to @meanbaby! My wife has already started buying up stained glass for new projects! We’re both extremely grateful for the overwhelming welcome we received from both Glass and Ceramics.
As to my inability to send DMs, it’s very likely pilot error; I’m new to this TALK system and need to put in a bit more time learning how to use it. Thanks to all who reached out to help.

5 Likes

Check out the pinned “Read First” thread for more info, and, as mentioned there, seek out the discobot Welcome message in your message center for an interactive learning opportunity.