Thank you to our veterans!

Thank you Rich for adding this honor to our space for Veterans Day. Thank you to all who have served this country.

26 Likes

Sure would love to see this somewhere in our social media presence …

@Team_PR

4 Likes

I am a veteran, but I was lucky enough to serve cushy, skate duty on a submarine during peace-time. I want to tip my hat to the guys (and gals, of course) that I admire, combat vets. I’ve met guys that not only were under fire, but voluntarily exposed themselves to fire on more than one occasion because they were ordered to or felt it was their duty to do so. Combat veterans, you know who you are, I salute you.

8 Likes

Same here. I served 3 years in the Army during peacetime, I can only pray all future vets have as boring of a time in the service as I did. The most danger I faced was from a malfunctioning diesel space heater that nearly killed a tent full of soldiers on a very cold night in Kansas. Oh and the murderous janky Army-issue Chevy Blazer I drove for short while. :smiley:

Y’all who saw combat, you have my everlasting respect.

6 Likes

I am one of those combat Vets, served my time in the jungles of Viet Nam. Currently a Disabled Vet due to severe hearing loss. I am just thankful it was only hearing that I lost, many of my fellow soldiers lost their lives. It has only taken 50 years for the public to finally thank us for our service in Viet Nam. It is indeed an honor to hang those flags of all the military services in the Common Room.

11 Likes

Would love to see those stay up awhile!

10 Likes

I agree with @Lampy! Leave the flags up for a while. It was great to see them when I came into the Common Room tonight! Thank you to anyone that ever served in any branch of the Armed Forces.

6 Likes

This.
The world keeps changing. Mostly for the the better.
But This. Yes. Much much for the better. There is no way for me to imagine what you and your mates suffered and gave and lost, and then returned to the nation that sent you but didn’t want you. Thank you. Thank you so much.

There are many dark periods in our history, and some on-going. We are a great nation because of Heroes that keep us strong, and lift us forward.

Thank you.

2 Likes