Thank you Ken for your term as Treasurer

Many thanks to Ken Purcell @Lampy and all the hard work he has put in as Treasurer. We received your official resignation this morning and you have the boards gratitude. Let Ken know your appreciation :clap:

19 Likes

Glad to have made some small contribution. We just got out paced by the growth and cobbled together processes.

For a little history, when I took over and we hired PSK, they were hired to reconcile the bank accounts and process accounts payable. The number of checks they were contracted to write were ~10 per week. In less that six months we were up to 35-70 per week.

The finances are now in much more capable hands and they are making great progress! Don’t spend it all in one place. :wink:

21 Likes

Thank you so much ken! You are the hero of makerspace!

1 Like

Ken, your support and dedication to DMS is absolutely outstanding. The place wouldn’t run without the dedicated volunteers like yourself. Your term as treasurer and board member have contributed greatly to the organization we have today.

You are an example for others to follow and an inspiration to many of us. Thanks so much for all that you’ve done and are doing!

5 Likes

Big Dan, whoa, now I’m blushing!

I’m one of many that love DMS and it’s crazy community. There are many more people that contribute time/efforts/money to this great place! Pretty big tribe we have now.

Been a committee chair, board member and treasurer. What’s next, Master Plumber of the men’s urinal?! :wink:

I can tell you some times have been rough but we are constantly improving. I appreciate the teacher’s the most, we would not be learning new skills without them. The rest is just operations and crowd control.

6 Likes

https://i2.wp.com/caracaschronicles.com/wp-poricontent/uploads/2010/10/herding-cats.jpg?fit=318%2C184&ssl=1

4 Likes