TESLA COIL DESIGN/Build Class

I am still planning on doing Tesla Coil Class. I was hoping to get a key man involved but looks like he is too busy, so will forge ahead any way. Is anyone else still interested? We need to get some neon sign transformers and the other parts should be relatively straight forward, since DMS is about teaching we will teach.

2 Likes

The idea of building a Tesla coil has always been interesting but I never looked much into it. Can you provide a little more info? One class session or several? How much fabrication is required? Is there a link to a similar project? It would be much more interesting to do this as part of a group than standalone. Count me in!

it ill be a few months long process I guess

I made a tesla coil many years ago as a high school science fair project.
As long as people are open to spending time on learning some safety issues, I would be willing to help.
High Voltage, RF burns, and ozone fumes are all safety concerns that require consideration in my opinion.

1 Like

I’m interested. Have no experience, but can follow directions and not set myself or others on fire.

I am also interested in doing this as well. I don’t have any experience in doing this but it looks to be a fun project to partake in.

Would you be interested in making one?

If the parts were free, sure.
I have other things that I would rather spend money on building.
So it is not a priority for me.
But I would be ok with just helping others or teaching a series of classes.
I would want to “standardize” a build though, so I wouldn’t have to troubleshoot 5 different problems for five different builds if multiple people want to build it.