Festivus Pot Luck & Sock Exchange December 17th

I have a strange warming tray in the CA room under the TV. Foil is on you - however they have some trays in the kitchen.
As long as your name is on it I don’t see an issue with using the fridge.

Pushing this up - things are getting filled up on the sign-up sheet!

Does anyone have a punch bowl that @zacharymarkson could use during the party? I have one but it’s from the 50’s and I would rather not deal with transportation.

1 Like

Sounds like fun! I signed up to bring a few things. Thank you for doing an awesome job organizing these events!

And I have a 3 gallon beverage dispenser (kind of like this one www.walmart.com/ip/Creative-Bath-3-Gallon-Beverage-Dispenser-with-Ice-Core/21130892) I can bring for punch. It’s not pretty and honestly it was going to end up on the donation shelf soon, but it’ll do the job :smile:

1 Like

“Community is vital to this place, If not it’s just a gym membership with tools.” - quote from @nickdangerous

All I do is talk it up a bunch and hope people show up. I seriously believe this year needs people to bond in joy (or at least over ham) to reconnect and reinvigorate over what’s important. I honestly don’t do much.

5 Likes

Community is vital to this place, If not it’s just a gym membership with tools.

- quote from @nickdangerous

:_dms_:

Uh-oh… now I’m getting double quoted! Does this mean I’ll have to bring twice as much wine this year? :wine_glass: :champagne:

How do y’all think we (the entire makerspace) are doing on the social front this year? Good? Need more events?

2 Likes

(BTW can’t make this year’s Festivus… already have an event that evening) :crying_cat_face:

i might have a lead on a bowl that i can use, will let you know later tonight

Trying to con the wife into going. She did this yesterday, this morning the dew messed it up.

1 Like

Love it! I’m talking it up to as many people as I can-hopefully everyone else is too.

i found a punch bowl

I talked to quite a few people last night about the pot luck. Take a look at the sign up sheet. It’s getting full!
I hope you guys are telling other people.

Ya, I’m a pusher.

If you can’t get anything please sign up for clean up - it’s blank right now. It’s not about your inability to get something it’s about contributing to a goal.

1 Like

does anyone know the rules for this 'sock exchange thing? do we actually show up with socks or what?

I know they’re supposed to be filled with ‘goodies’ (aka candy, fun little holiday things, etc) there’s a link further up in this thread for ideas if you’re really stuck

Heres the thread with the idea…

1 Like

The count down is ticking people…
the sign up sheet is getting fuller: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TI40HM9R625AAH4G6ztqe2HBgfIbqlNuwBbeftOicHg/edit#gid=0

Hopefully you’ve started stuffing your socks:

And you’ve written your haiku:

Counting down! Tell a friend!

Ok this is my very last time pushing this up.
Nothing like going out in the freezing weather to share some moments with friends.

1 Like

Guys… socks… please make sure that you have them done by the event. goodies all wrapped up in a nice little sock

2 Likes

Here is my offering for Festivus! Mini Chocolate Pudding Cupcake with Caramel Kiss Center.

Thanks Meghan Andrewartha for the Cupcake Decorating Class I snuck into back in November!

2 Likes