[RFC] TensorFlow Deep Learning Software Coding

Hello friends, I’d like to intoduce myself. I have some background in machine learning and ai from my computer science undergrad, although I wouldn’t say that taking one class on machine learning and one class on ai has made me an ace in the subjects.

I will follow this group and see if I can participate/contribute in any useful way.

I currently work at a company that writes photography software and I am starting to get my feet wet learning opencv. Anyone interested in tinkering with opencv please feel free to contact me.

1 Like

The next Tensorflow Tuesday will be this coming Tuesday at NoD Coworking at 17290 Preston Rd, Dallas, from 6:30-9 PM. See the GDG Dallas meetup page and the DMS Calendar for more info. The next one at DMS will be on 7/25 but Jared might not be able to make that one. Hope to see you at one or both of the Tensorflow Tuesdays this month!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yzk2CKag2Q

You folks may find this interesting:
http://anandtech.com/show/11649/intel-launches-movidius-neural-compute-stick

1 Like

It’s coming to be that time again! Tensorflow Tuesday is tomorrow 8/22 at DMS. We’ll be following that up with a Downtown Edition at Fort Work in Dallas on 9/5, and then may have to go on hiatus unless we can recruit some more mentors who are good with the math side of things.

Just wanted to follow up and say Thanks to those of you who came out last night to further your Tensorflow pursuits! I had a great time and hopefully you did too. Next time we will be at Fort Work in downtown Dallas (211 N Ervay St 8th floor, above Tech Wildcatters) from 6-9 PM on 9/5.

I’ve just scheduled the next Tensorflow Tuesday meetup for next Tuesday 9/19 at 7 PM in the Electronics Room. It’ll be a little quieter since I’m not posting this to the GDG Dallas meetup, so it should be mostly just DMSers (and, sadly, no Jared for the next couple months). It should appear on the DMS calendar in the next couple days.

3 Likes

Here we go again, the next edition of Tensorflow Tuesday is on the calendar for 10/3! And this time, it seems like we got the Lecture Hall to ourselves. Yay!

1 Like

FYI brainspace guy coming in OCT

1 Like

Running a bit behind tonight, will see everybody in about 10 minutes.

2 Likes

The long-awaited next edition of Tensorflow Tuesday Office Hours is coming up tomorrow (Tuesday 4/17) from 7-9 PM in the Purple Classroom. Just a reminder of the format: I will not have a prepared presentation. You all come with your questions and I will address them to the best of my ability. So if a bunch of you come at once with different questions, you’ll be waiting around a while unless someone else in the room knows the answer. :wink:

I hope you all have your taxes done before then!

2 Likes