Team Woodshop I received an email

@Team_Woodshop @AlexRhodes
I already responded to him and cc’ed Alex on the email but I’m wondering if anyone would like to take on the initiative to answer/work with him. No sweat off my back if it’s a no. I have his phone number but didn’t want to post it below and I also tried to break up his email in hopes he won’t be bombarded. I told him to create a thread but I was sitting here and felt I could just do it quickly.

Same company as this discussion: Better blocks - a Dallas Company communal free furniture design

Hi
My name is Colin Amos and I am a project manager with Better Block Foundation. Krista Nightengale provided me with your contact information.
I have a couple questions about your CNC router.

First, would it be possible for our designers to use the router for an upcoming project? We have a CNC in our office but it is currently out of commission and we have a large project coming up with a pressing due date.
What is the process for using the router without having a membership to the makerspace?

Also, do you know your process for when one of your machines is not working? Do you do maintenance and repairs yourself or do you hire someone to look at it? We are currently looking for someone to service our router and would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you so much for your help

Colin Amos
Project Manager
Better Block Foundation
colin at vbetterblock. org

You must be a member to use our tools would be the answer to the first question. So they have the option of becoming a member and getting certified on the router or having a member which is already certified on the router do the job for them.

Some one usually posts an issue report on talk or contacts the committee head directly to report the issue.

Some times we handle our own maintenance / repairs. Other times we have contracted maintenance and repair services.

Our router is made by MultiCam and we have major servicing or repairs done by their support staff.
https://www.multicam.com/support/

Hope this helps Nicole.

1 Like

Negative. we do support in-house.

1 Like

Thanks. I do know a good handful of this. I just wanted to make it public that this guy is looking for some help/is interested and wondered if someone would be willing to lend a hand. I promised nothing just connected him to talk and responded with an email. What they do is interesting to me and I hope others might take a peek inside as well.