Teachable moments

Hi, my name is Bri. I am the owner of Brianna Miller Apparel and Design. I am excited to teach classes at the makerspace. Here is a couple ideas I had on classes:

• basic sewing
  • pillow/pillow cases
  • bath robe
  • apron
  • PJ pants
  • curtains
  • bed duvet
  • basic tailoring
  • pick your own project
  • skirts
  • dresses
  • kimonos
  • cape jacket
  • hand bags/clutch
  • cosplay
5 Likes

I think I would be interested in basic tailoring or simple alterations. I am also interested in where one gets good quality cotton fabrics to make dress shirts. I will try to make the Tue. 2/23 Sewing interest meeting to discuss further (I do not see it on the events calendar).

HI! We submitted the event about an hour ago. I am unsure why it is not listed yet. Maybe it takes a bit. I am still new at this. I will follow up with Nicole.

Behind the scenes humans confirm it, making sure there are no conflicts and we’re not getting spammed by something that doesn’t really belong on the calendar etc. Should show up “soonish” :slightly_smiling:

Thats what I thought, thanks for confirming!

I personally don’t need this class, but I have heard murmorings that some people would like to know how to set a zipper.

Chris

I would love to teach a class on zippers! They are one of my favorite things to sew

Costumes will be a hot class I would thinK. We have some costumes around the space currently that you might be interested in looking at.
Basics are always good - heming, repair, basic sewing are always needed for basic survival.

I have seen for quite some time but I would love to take some technically focused/skill set classes. Menswear or something. Really challenging. But that’s me and I would be making something for a 6yr old.

Making gifts for babies is something that’s needed sometimes. Booties/hats etc.
sewn plushies migh work
fabric alteration would be good.

Yes - first the basics, then costumes are variations on themes. Looking forward to all the upcoming sewing classes this spring. We have several instructors that have volunteered to teach classes over a wide range of topics and at different times.

Just took my machine in this morning and had it checked out (It’s a Pfaffen pup … nothing like to Pffafen beast)