Tanner Electronics Invites DMS 4/6/19 - Help Wanted

Jimmy Tanner occasionally invites folks to come in and hang out on a Saturday and talk to customers about anything… like electronics projects and DMS. Several of us did that last fall and had a lot of fun. I’m teaching an afternoon class so I need to take 10AM to 1PM. Hopefully several of you can reply with a schedule when you can be there two hours or so. I’ll carry some Arduino demo stuff that I can leave for you to show off. They close at 3 on Saturday. Thanks!

@artg_dms @StanSimmons @NickWebb @Dale_Wheat @TBenV @dana55 @malcolmputer @dougemes @Bill @jast @Bernard_Gray @Adam_Overman @Team_Electronics @Team_PR

7 Likes

Is this always on the first Saturday of the month or does it move around?

1 Like

This is extremely informal. I’m sure that if you suggest a date it would be fine unless Jimmy is planning on taking the day off or there is some conflict. He likes to have a one week notice so they can prepare the big sign up front. Here is the one from last time.

2 Likes

I enjoyed coming out last autumn. I have a few things going on Saturday, but I will try to swing by if I can. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a “shift”, as I have been out of town and just saw this today.

1 Like

Please reply if you are planning to come over for a while. Currently its just me from 10 to 1. Everyone is invited.

I have a meeting somewhere else at 1.

Depending upon the weather, I may be motivated to come by between 10 and 12.

1 Like

Obviously, I never made it over there. I stayed over here and helped swab the deck of the good ship #102

1 Like

Good show, Bill! I look forward to checking your work when COO is issued.

I was the only one there and had a good time. It was a slow day with the weather being drippy. I did less organizing/recruiting this time. I plan to do it again and try to stir up more @Team_Electronics and @Team_PR activity.

Several folks came in with kids and parts lists and questions like, “Do you have 2N2222 transistors?” They were glad to hear about classes and I wished them well with their projects.

What do we do at Tanner visits? There is no program. I just set up some demo circuits and talk to anyone that wanders by. I make an effort to talk to those with kids or seem to be beginners in electronics.

At the Electronics Committee meeting this week I want to get a feel for interest level in this activity. If there is interest, we need to do some preparation. We need a sign and brochures. I wire up Arduino breadboard circuits but we should have a kit of demos. These would be soldered and would allow folks without Arduino background to attach power and show it off. An oscilloscope demo is fascinating to those who have not seen one. It would be a great chance to demo ham radio.

2 Likes

Bring it up at the meeting Thursday…

1 Like