Tabletop war gaming group

Wondering if anybody would be interested in a war game group? The idea is to start with a monthly meeting where attendees would bring their own games for play, discussion of different game rules and strategies, and possible sessions of painting army figures. If there is enough interest, the group could even design its own game. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, what day works the best for you? Also, what is your favorite table top war game?

2 Likes

There’s actually a pretty strong general tabletop group. We usually meet on Saturday nights, and I need to start putting it on the calendar, make it official. Shall we join forces?

4 Likes

Tabletop board or rpg? how do you decide which game is going to be played?

Rock, paper, scissor death match?

1 Like

Yeah make it official!! I had no idea it was a regular thing

1 Like

The wife and I love tabletop games. Any Dominion players there too? This would be a great way for me to get her out to the space.

2 Likes

Love Dominion! We have at least 4 of the expansions.

1 Like

Awesome. That’s one of her favorites, so if we can get some Dominion going, then she’d definitely come.

2 Likes

definitely would like to join forces. what time time dose the group usually and what is the most common game played?

Never played Dominion but I’ve seen it played and it looks like a lot of fun.

@daviddrost There’s a fairly big Magic: The Gathering community. We also like to play party games and strategy board games. Currently we’re playing a lot of Betrayal at House On The Hill. New games are always welcome and encouraged.

We were meeting on Sunday evenings, but we’re making a shift toward Saturday nights.

EDIT: Usually around 8 or 9 PM. I know that’s late for some people.

I’d love to structure the Magic group such that we have specific game types lined up each week. Currently it’s all modern casual play.

Match beats paper and death beats … everything?

I guess you could technically beat any corporeal entity with a rock, though.

1 Like

Ditto. I don’t have games but would definitely come play

1 Like

I have never played a desktop war game, but have always wanted to try. The investment of time and money in those types of games have always put me off, but if you have everything needed I’m game.

1 Like

You should check out Ascension, too… imagine Dominion with dynamic kingdom cards (instead of the same 10).

1 Like

not completely related, but tangential to the conversation: there’s also a place called Dallas Games Marathon that has 1500+ board games to play if y’all are interested

1 Like

If someone were to put a board gaming night together I would definitely try to come out. I have been looking for a gaming group.

1 Like

A quick game of Risk could settle it?

2 Likes

You mean ultra-risk wherein two boards are laid side by side…

indeed! Three years later…“I Win!”

We’re playing Risk Legacy and technically it’s taken us ten months so far, so…accurate?

1 Like