Table Saws Operational?

The tool status board says both table saws are green. However, I’ve seen a couple threads saying the saw stop was triggered and we don’t have a replacement and another that said the delta isn’t working either. Can anyone confirm their statuses?

Thanks!

At least the Delta is operational. Not 100% sure about the S/S.

1 Like

Do you know what the issue with the Delta’s power was?

My post indicated the Delta is operational, as in no issues, unless I missed something.

It was not working as of last night, no power from the interlock. The planer was also having interlock issues last night. When I talked to Stan he was trying to get a hold of the guy with the server to see what was up.

OK…not sure what the prob was then. Interlock/badge access seems to be disabled for the time being on Delta. So no card needed for now…

It seems that when wire insulation is rubbed off and the wire hits metal it gets unhappy and i fixed it last night. Lucky we did not start a fire

2 Likes

I am not sure why someone bypassed the Delta but the latest audit logs are from

Interlock Offline on Tuesday, November 6th 2018, 8:59:14 am
Interlock Relay turned off due to inactivity on Tuesday, November 6th 2018, 7:56:50 am

SawStop should also be checked there is a box on the back of the sawstop that fills with wood dust and is very much a fire hazard.

Be sure to unplug before opening this box.

Good thing we have a wonderful great new dust collection system coming. Oh wait…no we don’t. Surprise!

Wood shop is dustier and more unhealthy/unsafe than ever. It’s often difficult to breath in there nowadays.

2 Likes

I saw that and unplugged it, however that wire clamp is non conductive so should not have shorted it. In fact that whole junction box should be non conductive.

yes we do, but it is for the new space…

Good to know…who’s the manufacturer for this new system?

Is the Felder system that was approved no longer happening?

That’s my current understanding.

Seriously? Why? It was approved by the board. I knew it was on hold until we moved but never heard a peep that it wasn’t happening.

There was some confusion on if it was the right size for the new space and it turns out all is good. The Felder is still on, soon you can take a deep breath and relax :smile:

1 Like

Oh? We are sure it is adequate?

From the board side the Felder is the only machine purchasable by the woodshop without another board vote. The allocation is earmarked for a specific purchase, and I personally would not approve an alternative unless I was presented with copious amounts of evidence and research. A lot of time and research was done on the Felder unit, and I’d expect the same amount of research to be done on a potential alternative unit.

2 Likes

The felder is still happening. I simply took a vote at the last meeting to re-shop the unit, since only 2 units were ever looked at before a decision was made. I researched almost a dozen more for sake of thoroughness, and narrowed it down to the laguna xflux and the felder rl350. I got to experience first hand how bad lagunas customer service is, and how accomodating felder can be. The laguna has similar stats, but several people in the woodshop have had bad experiences with their quality as well. The only upside is that there would be a savings of nearly 50k. I was only trying to save the space money and perform due diligence before spending 6x the amount with felder. I also had to make sure that it would run on 208V after we recieved conflicting info from tech support and sales.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info/update…very helpful. Communicating (posting here or to meetings wiki page) this type of stuff proactively, i.e. committee meeting agendas and minutes, would go a long way to bad/half information and rumors from propagating…

This applies throughout all DMS committees.

3 Likes