Surplus of HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensors

I guess I didn’t pay attention to what I ordered. I wanted two of these sensors and ended up with 12. So I am going to keep 4 and get rid of 8.

If you would like any of the 8, let me know and name your price. I work right down the street from the space so I can swing by after 5pm any day.

2 Likes

Too bad these units are integrated and intelligent.

There was an article in the original Byte magazine to make a solid state wind speed and direction detector using eight raw transducers. Pinging in both directions along the N-S and E-W axes yields two vectors and combining them results in the speed and direction.

It does not appear that the HC-SR04s can do that, though I wonder if I aim a pair of them at each other and trigger them both at the same time might yield a similar result.

Come to think of it, what did you pay for them? It may be interesting to experiment with them.

I know that the intended use is just for spitting out a measured distance. I don’t see why you couldn’t desolder the sensors themselves though I’m unsure of the accuracy of these sensors versus the accuracy needed to do what you were speaking of.

As I said… Name your price.

Hi Alyssa,

His address below doesn’t look like a personal email. Can you forward to Abel that I’d like to take 2 of them. I’ll pay what his cost was.

Thanks,
James
214-684-1346

On 10/6/2015 7:56 PM, Alyssa Pipe wrote:

Thanks,

Alyssa

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 6, 2015 at 7:46:56 PM CDT
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Electronics] Surplus of HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensors
Reply-To: Dallas Makerspace Talk [email protected]
AbelRamirez AbelRamirez
October 7
I guess I didn’t pay attention to what I ordered. I wanted two of these sensors and ended up with 12. So I am going to keep 4 and get rid of 8.

If you would like any of the 8, let me know and name your price. I work right down the street from the space so I can swing by after 5pm any day.

To respond, reply to this email or visit Surplus of HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensors in your browser.

To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences.

To stop receiving notifications about this particular topic, click here.

DPRGlist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.dprg.org/mailman/listinfo/dprglist

1 Like

Consider all of these sold…

FYI I have since learned that the lowest price available is from AliExpress at $0.70 ea and that is all they are worth. Even without the 15-30 day ship time. :wink:

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20151009091543&SearchText=ultrasonic+sensor

Are they that bad? Damn 20 characters

No… they work great. Just since that is the cheapest possible price available… that is all most want to pay. LOL

I get ~16 mpg in my truck and a nice salary… My gas and time cost too much. I am sure I will make some gadgets to use these little guys.