Supports getting ruined on "Bubba" PolyPrinter 508

I set the slicer for Intermediate, but they are getting torn up by the extrude head.
Does anyone know how to prevent this?

put the supports on course

WHat do you mean by “on course”?

in kisslicer the settings for support material start with course, what do you mean by “intermediate”

That’s the middle setting.

it appears the object is placed far off the bed. is there a significant problem with placing it flush against the bed with other software and then slicing it / adding supports? a hovering object will fail way more often than necessary.

I had an anthropology skull print fail 3x before realizing that the print file was distorted somehow and the item was 6 inches off print surface for some reason (!!)

i forgot which software there is onsite but you can move / place / rotate the object, bias it to flish against the print bed. then resave it. and then export it to kissslicer and it might fix this error.

also consider that the orientation could be sliced in half and then pinting upwards for a “tower” type print job that will not require any supports whatsoever?

if you look up on youtube you can find plenty of cool tips on proper print orientation

I raised the model a few mm in the screen shot because being that close to the bed was ruining the details.
I’ve beefed up the supports and that seems to be working for now.

1 Like

*coarse, of course.

1 Like