Sunday's fix it event

The current Gas hysteria means I am unlikely to make it to the fix it event I scheduled. I am down to less then a quarter tank, and do not plan on using it to sit in a line waiting…

That said, I will leave the event up if there are others planning to attend and help people, if not I will cancel the event.

Any input? @artg_dms

Pop into a 7-Eleven around 1-2 AM. That’s what I did last night. A lot of loads are delivered between 10pm and midnight.

1 Like

Find the nearest Quik Trip - their gas ships from Oklahoma.

2 Likes

+1

This is what I did around 9:30 a.m…was out and back curled up in my darkened safety closet again in about 20 minutes.

2 Likes

Folks, the issue is not the gas, I know that it is available, but that I am not planning on waiting in line. I understand gas is available. Please move the gas topics to that thread. I posted this to see if anyone who is capable of helping is planning on being at the space Sunday for this event.

I’ve never seen lines when I’ve left late at night either. Of course it could be because they are out of gas.

Walter, if I bring you a two gallons of gas will that cover you mileage?:innocent: Your presence is worth the $20 it’ll cost.

3 Likes

gasoline. gasoline. gasoline.

It all comes from Oklahoma.

Oklahoma!

2 Likes

My fear is that I will not actually make it. I will set my alarm for 3am, get up and see what I can find. If I can get gas, I will be there, if I can’t then I will not.

Is gas really up to $10 / gallon?

BTW, even if I can make it, this event will depend upon folks showing up who know how to diagnose problems other then me. This event was inspired by a request from @uglyknees and a response by @photomancer.

Not my favorite ‘Musical’. That would be “Panit Your Wagon”. But Okie is not too bad either. :wink:. Shyt, this has gone waaaaay off topic.

Well, there are reports that would be cheap for some price gougers in Houston, but $2.49 is pretty much what I’ve seen as an average in Arlington. One near my home is $2.39 and Costco $2.33 … Rudy’s is $2.13 so you can go there grab some grub and get totally gassed up.

I wish they were charging $10 a gallon. Would stop folks from hoarding, and I could get a full tank…

3 Likes

I’ll be at the Fix-It Event to help others with their projects.

3 Likes

I’m coming with a box/bag of random broken stuff I’ve been hanging onto for this sort of thing :slight_smile: Not very experienced but will help.

2 Likes

I am bringing an older laptop that shuts odd afer being on for about 15 min
I got it from a friend and it has never worrked right

1 Like

Here lately I’ve been whole lot better at taking things apart than fixing them. :roll_eyes:
Depending on work situation, I’ll probably be there.

Well, taking the advice of the night owls seems to have worked. Went to my nearest Quick Trips at 2:30am, and got gas without having to wait in line… Only folks there besides me was the clerk and two cops enjoying coffee and donuts.

I will be there Sunday at 4:30p…

4 Likes

Would this include bringing in CNC machines with problems? I have that laser with what we think is an axis alignment struggle