Sunday 8/16/2020 MIG Class 3pm

I hear you – there’s isn’t a 3pm class this Sunday on the calendar.

This is my answer to social distancing (with a smidge of bad planning thrown in).
I meant to add classes as the original filled up, conveniently forgetting that it’d be too late to add classes after the fact.

This is your announcement for the 3pm MIG class. 3 people can sign up here. Right here. On this post.

2 Likes

Count me as one, please.

1 Like

Count me in as well, please! :slight_smile:

I will definitely join. Do I need hot process safety first?

Yes. That’s a bigger class, and it’s on Saturday. 5 slots are open.

and @Evan_Lott and @themitch22.

We’ve put up most of the Personal Protective items we used to have. We’re got 3 welding helmets, which is the limitation of the class size. You’ll need safety glasses Z87 + U rating. If you’ve been using the paper masks, you should go by WallyWaldo (somewhere near here) and get a fire-resistant mask. You’ll need your own welding gloves. If you’ve got normal sized hands, Harbor Freight works for gloves. I bought my gloves at Metroplex Welding on NW Hwy, because I wear a men’s small.

If you’ve taken Hot Process Safety, you’ll remember that you need natural fabrics – 100% cotton shirt and pants. Leather or 100% natural fiber shoes or gaiters. Most modern running-ish shoes are largely meltable, and shouldn’t be worn (without a covering gaiter).

My mask is 100% cotton fabric, and I’m sticking with that.

1 Like

Oh, and we want you to bring a bandanna or cap or something to cover your hair when wearing the welding helmets.

Roger on all the above. Thanks for the reminder!

hey miss beth. im replying here per our conversation earlyer about your saturday welding class that you have an opening for but cant change to be open. just confirming that i will be there, and also that i tried so hard to figure out how to send you an email or a dm, but i cant seem to find that button. sorry im computer inept.

1 Like

Here’s one way: Click on her picture/Avatar, this will pop up:

Then click on the Blue Message tab in the upper RH. A window will pop-up for the message. It will send a private message.

And by now, you should’ve read enough/posted enough to have passed the “trust” levels for PM’s.

1 Like

well its there now. i swear it wasnt the last doesn times i tried it. but who knows. thanks for letting me know

As Beth pointed, if you are really new to Talk, you have to interact a few times before it allows you to do a PM/DM. So it likely wasn’t there.

See you on Sunday

ah. your right i remember now. thanks for leting me know i wasnt going crazy

1 Like

One more slot has opened up for 3pm MIG Welding. You’ll need to have the Hot Process Safety first. If you haven’t taken it, there’s one Saturday afternoon.

2 Likes

3 pm is now full.

1 Like