Summa D75 Vinyl installed

All,

The Summacut D75R is operational on the Leonardo De Vinci (the Adobe machine with the 2 screens)

• I fought for a few hours trying to get it to work with Vinylmaster, I went so far as to buy my own license (for the CUT version, ~$42), even though it says it supports it, it couldn’t detect it, while the Summa tools see it fine. The WinPlot software works, but does not import SVGs. It does read .ai files. I left it hooked up. I recommend a new class to talk about the more advanced capabilities of the Summa over the Titan3 28, but it can act similar.

It might be worth contacting Vinymaster and talking to them about the LTR version, if they can get it to talk to the Summa (like it is supposed to do) - then I would recommend that software. We do NOT have to pay full price, there is a 30% crossgrade coupon.

Or we can muster on and use differing software.

P.S. - I was able to update the firmware to the last one available, all files I used are in the committee folder under Summa2021.

4 Likes

Uh, duh … do we have a new vinyl cutter? I guess I slept through that one …

1 Like

Adobe Illustrator will read InkScape SVGs which can be converted to .ai files.

Caveat: if you have an older InkScape version the file may be imported oversized. InkScape changed the pixels per inch, so an old svg with a 1” square MAY import into AI as 1.25”. Rescaling to 80% fixes the problem.

I got burned on this (no pun intended) when cutting leather on the laser a couple of years ago: an expensive mistake.

5 Likes

Update! Vinylmaster LTR trial installed, and it drives the Summa perfectly.
https://vinylmaster.software/price-list

Please make this happen.

4 Likes

Auto-Cut (fast cutting) | Sign making & vinyl cutting software for cutting plotters | VinylMaster Cut

Speed-Weed Boxes
Speed & Weed-Boxes
The Auto-Cut module lets you apply Speed and Weed-Boxes which have been designed to reduce the time it takes to weed out the excess vinyl around your Artwork. They do this by isolating objects from each other within the artwork. They also help you to avoid accidentally pulling out parts of the job as it’s being weeded.

Easy Lift-Marks
You can also set Easy Lift-Marks which greatly assist in weeding text and objects by producing a special cut in each hole that allows you easily pull out the excess vinyl in one piece, as shown above.

2 Likes

Are there any updates on this? Which software are we supposed to use exactly? In the process of upgrading to the summacut, was the Titan was taken offline?? Is there anyway to get the titan back up and running? Am i doing something wrong (i mean, i know i am)? I haven’t been able to get either of the large format cutters to cut anything for a couple weeks- any help is much appreciated!

Vinylmaster Cut LTR edition was purchased, we just need the new pcs in place.

1 Like

That PC has been placed, I do believe, and needs tweaking, but should be usable to my knowledge. Regrettably I’ve been snowed under ever since it was put in place, and the simple fillow-up for tweaking the known issues never happened, let alone the unknowns that I’m certain will be discovered soon enough. Hoping to find some time this week, but I have zero this weekend.

sorry for the thread res… still need to know if the tower is being replaced for the workstation where the summa and the 2 cameos hang out

Has there been any motion on this at all? I’m looking to start teaching a vinyl cutter class so people can get certified on the machines and I’ve not seen any mention of anything regarding the Summa.

1 Like

Still waiting for me to get time to get them done. Sorry for the wait.

2 Likes

it’s fine. Thanks for the heads up.