Suggestion for Hatcher's Committee Report on 9-14-18

Hey Everyone,
I noticed that we don’t yet have a Committee Report on the Membership Meeting. Here is a little outline that may help Draco build a Report for the meeting.

Over the last couple months, Hatcher’s Armory has been dealing with a lot of DMS rule changes, reopening the committee, expanding the purview of the committee, and trying to reinvigorate the committee members to come back together after all the speed bumps we have faced.

We have discussed with the BOD about the ability to mend the interim firearms rules. Both the committee and BOD are in agreement that the rules block too many activities at this point. Our member @matthshooter spent a good amount of time on trying to adjust the rules to allow more without going into the currently trouble some area of firearms manufacture. While, this is only a draft and probably not the only adjustment to the rules needed, we hope it will start us back on the path to being a more active and growing committee in DMS.

EDIT:
I removed the link to the rules rewrite, Draco pointed out in PM that it wasn’t yet approved by Matt to post. Got my wagon before the horse there, oops. Please forgive me, I have a request to Matt to add them back if he is comfortable with it. I think he did a pretty good job of trying to walk the line with them.

Second, I forgot to add the Hatcher’s Meeting coming up.

Hatcher’s has a meeting scheduled for 9-25-18 at 8 PM in the conference room. There will be the required Committee Head election at that meeting, hope to see many members there to help continue the rebuild of Hatcher’s.
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/7655

Do you all think this is sufficient for the Membership meeting?

3 Likes

Never. Lol. :taco:

2 Likes

Thanks Tim,
I accept the Taco! :smile: