Stuff on the DMS Walls

The bulletin board is only point where announcement are placed. Especially, external events to DMS.

Nicole’s Pumpkin Announcements are up still as that is topical to DMS and she used blue tape.

Chris Carson’s Nuclear posters are on the wall because he used Command Strips.

Other kinds of announcements, especially without prior permission from the PR Chair and using other tape, means disposal in the trashcan.

1. I don’t know who put stuff up.
  2. They did not use blue tape.

Thanks for the help.

Meanwhile, I can see adding another bulletin board in the Commons Room and something near the back door.

I would also like to work on a “Things of Interest” website page on the DMS website.

Regards,

Steve

7 Likes

Awesome work on the walls! Keep up the good fight.

Anyone can make a blog entry and submit it for approval. Approval is quick and easy.
I would encourage this, for a start. It shows a dedication to maintaining something as compared to asking for a resource which may never actually be used.
If you do this, please date your post (i.e. “There will be a basic electronics class on Saturday.” is not as helpful to folks as “There will be a basic electronics class on Saturday, February 27, 2007 at 7PM.”).

3 Likes

Thank you for the nice walls and for keeping them nice.

1 Like

the one with the dragon on it is my event, and i placed them in certain areas for main focus-

we haven’t had such rules in the past and as i understood if you had something coming up as long as it did not permanently destroy the walls it was fine. in the future i will go to pr, however please dont throw them away (i could just post them at starbucks or something)

also the blue tape is a new rule i didnt know about- i will post with blue tape

again sorry- in the past things were different, new chair new rules- just please announce your rules before taking things down

thanks

1 Like

Blue tape has been a suggestion since the last time I was PR Chair. It has been mentioned almost every time I have written about the Hallway Refresh.

I am gone from the space.

I took down the out of bounds signage and threw them away before I wrote the TALK post. My apologies.

Meanwhile, it has never been OK to post non-DMS stuff all over DMS. It has never been THAT OK to post DMS stuff anywhere in DMS. IF that were allowed, we would look like a giant billboard.

1 Like

yet again these things were not known, i highly suggest you make your rules known on the wiki (yes i did look there before i posted those and did not see anything)

apologies accepted.

maybe a billboard for community events are needed - i’ve seen stuff on the board for DARC and other things not DMS related… so yeah i’m not the only one

@Diplomat We have a really nice bulletin board, unfortunately I don’t know how, when or what items I purged. A small 3x5 or 5x7 card with rules to post on walls or BB might be helpful.

Suggestion: use date stamp (Finance has one you can have) of date item can be removed stamped on it, do this when you review monthly or whenever. This will allow anyone to take it down without worry.

Let me know how or if you like my help doing this. Suggested solutions includes my help. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Threw together a wiki page, if you want to use it.
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Bill_Posting
I attempted to make it clear (at the top of the page) that this is a PROPOSAL for the page.

If you want to use it, I’d recommend removing that verbiage, and in some way editing to say that the page is “official” as of {now}. Also, I assume it goes without saying, but I’ll say it, make sure it’s accurate to your desires.

If you do NOT want it, delete the text and put it in the “delete” category. I’d put something in the text to the effect of “some dork thought this might be useful, but it wasn’t, so we are requesting it be removed”.

3 Likes