Stuff for sale and give away

Is it appropriate to list stuff for ‘sale’ here on the DMS site? I have a bunch of electronics that I regrettably won’t use soon and I need to cull the electronics lab but there is some misc stuff that I might package in take all or none bundles. I mostly would like to see things go to a good home.

3 Likes

Yes! We do that all the time in this MakerTrade category.

5 Likes

OK, will update with a list or photos, etc. Thanks for the reply.

3 Likes

Indeed. There’s also freebie shelf

2 Likes

OK. I finally have a bunch of stuff together for give away or sale. I live near Medical CIty if you are in the area and want to take a look at any.

I’ve put this stuff in one ‘bin’ see the rules :slight_smile:

Starting bid is zero. If someone wants the stuff more, offer a few buck or more. I realize you don’t know the condition of anything and it’s not as if this stuff has enough value to spend the time to check out.

So if I’m understanding you we have to take everything on the page?..and we have to put bids here I guess? $1

Wait its an all or nothing type thing?
Thats an interesting way to do it.

I’d take the raspberry pi otherwise.

I will pay you $10 for the 1.6F capacitor

Yes, Andrew, et al.

It’s an all or nothing bin for ALL of it!

And I’m sorry, you have to pick it up. I really wish I had the time to go to DMS and deliver or even participate in DMS these days but I really have to move this stuff out and this is why I’ve thrown it all into one bin and why I’m willing to give it away but I do see a bid of $1 :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll take a look at the web page, might not be clear.

I will place a bid $40 for all of it. I am available and can pickup this weekend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

$40.01

Just kidding.

Thanks, folks - I’ve added another bin - one item, a cracked mirror table - opening bid zero and I’m OK if it stays that way. I may throw in some beer or medical supplies or ammo if no takers.

Bid closed on Shawn’s bin 'o stuff, bin #1

Moving Sale

Just have a free broken mirror table on right now for someone who might want to restore it. See the example. Pretty cool what you can do if you have time.

More stuff to come.

Hey, I’ve posted some more things. Take a look. I hope someone could use this stuff rather than me throwing it out.

Bin 1 - taken
Bin 2 - Broken Mirror table - no interest - take it - or not - free
Bin 3 - Assorted pesticides, new brake fluid, freon, cat repellent
Bin 4 - Casting Refractory ~150 pounds, 3 bags and high BTU burner - bid $5
I’m pretty sure this is the burner that I’m including with the refractory.
Build a foundry!

Bin 5 - Boat Anchors x 4, about 5#, used for buoys for open water swim course. and nylon rope
Bin 6 - Biking stuff
Bin 7 - Bunch of Chargers - anyone want them? Project power supplies - Taken
Bin 8 - Vintage 1950’s microscope - functional and a really nice piece - scroll down on the web page and look

Assorted - Unused Frame for pop up shade tent - Taken

Thank y’all for looking

You gotta do a lotta scrolling. Sorry, my free wordpress account won’t allow me to do anchor links :frowning:

My brother is actually working on a forge (hes actually waiting on the cement refactory to be delivered so he can put it together) so he’s extremely interested in the refactory and the burner so he can start doing casting once he’d got his forge up and running.

I haven’t really been keeping up with this thread, so I’m not sure how the bidding thing works…

So, 5$ to start for bin 4, I guess?

OK, Dark, got your offer. Thank you.

Added Vintage Microscope - see edited list above and the link . . .

150 lbs. of refractory cement is a lot! If you want to split that up I’m also trying to build a jewelry kiln and my neighbor is trying to build a blacksmith forge. That way I won’t have to bid against you. I’m also interested in the propane burner.

Do you know where he (your brother) got the refractory cement from? I’m doing the forge thing also… Just wondering if there’s anything local.

There is a place in Fort Worth, I think it is on Beach St. near Hwy. 121. The name of the place is Canfield & Joseph.

1 Like