Stop Motion Space Ship Goof

“I want to make a Star Wars”

I’m in the planning phase of making a stop motion goof that will have space ships. The main part of the plan is to build a few space ships from SCRATCH. We can use model kits but only as parts like how the classic Star Wars models where made. 3D printing is fine as long as the 3D model was built from your imagination. Using random objects that look cool will work too, I’ve been to some thrift store and have a few things we can use.

The size of the ships are to be determined but I think something at about 1-2 feet max is good.

As for how much effort should be put into the models I think these videos have a good/reasonable example. The only thing I’d like to add is one or two movable parts on the ships and possibly some LED lights.

Keeping it simple.

A bit more complicated and airbrushed really well.

Speak up if you are interested in helping with this and we will coordinate. Also, I bought some supplies for the LED lights but would appreciate some help making sure I understand how to set them up.

5 Likes

I can help you with both the model building and the electronics.

Great!

Let me know if there a is a particular day of the week you can help so I can figure out when to setup a something.

Not sure what exactly I can do - but will support it.

2 Likes

There is not a best day.

Saturday is generally bad as I have commitments elsewhere.

Other days, I may attend or teach classes and events. These are difficult to predict.

On the days when I am there, late night is available.

Steampunk?

Have some stuff that can be used for props… where should I put them or give them to?

The is a large black box in the makerspace room on top of the metal shelves. With a sign “Stop Motion Goof Please Do Not Move”

Please put the props in there. And Thanks for helping with this!

I cleared out some stuff and added a few things for the spaceships.

2 Likes

Do you mean the Creative Arts room?

2 Likes

Yes. To be fair i was interupted a few times while texting this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to thank everyone who donated materials and helped make some interesting ships last night.

We still have some work to do so I’ll schedule some more classes soon.

Our progress from last night

There was lot and lots of laughter during the building of various spacecraft out of odds and ends.

I had lots of small parts to hot glue on, being a duff I’ve now got a nice blister on one finger. Not being that much of an artist mine is less free-form and more “standard design” but all my hysteresis loop vanes (the black thingees that stick out) move in several several axii. I was shocked, shocked I tell you, that Ray did not know this standard Sci-Fi termology for some FTL propulsion systems, yet he is leading the build! He had heard of dilithum crystals so I figure he’s just not current.

1 Like