Stock market/ investors group interest?

You might even want to designate one or two of the members as brokers let them collect the fees and in return they could offer tips or suggestions based on more targeted research while adding a touch of realism it would also give some interesting feedback both into research and as to how it’s going to feel to have a hot tip go sour

LOL! I haven’t ever had advice that made money.

Our second class is tonight at 7 in the conference room off of the common room. I’ll post a piece of paper in case anyone is confused. I’ll also try to bring additional details about the Dogs of the Dow stocks. An additional, if anyone wants to bring any stock books to lend/ discuss please feel welcome.

We had a good group last night (Fri.) of 6 people. We didn’t do the anticipated Monte Carlo stock analysis but Jim brought information on one of Charles Schwab’s investment products that he explained in detail. After 8 PM the discussion continued on some basic stock terms and events. We also discussed some current economic conditions and how they might affect the stock market.

I will be looking into making this an interest group and finding a committee to host us so that we can store a small shelf of books and magazines related to the stock market.

I’ll be glad to share a few thoughts on how I built out my trading platform, newsroom, and do market research.

I have us set for the Lecture Hall on Friday night at 7 PM. I’ll be looking forward to hearing @denzuko give us details on analyzing stock. Class is open to all, members or not.

1 Like

I hope we will have a few people for this Friday’s meeting. I will be making an effort to display and review a few basics on reading a company 10-K and 10-Q SEC filing.

What does everyone use? I started playing with the market using this app and so far so good :frowning: just not a large investment at this time. But nock in wood no loss yet.

Robinhood is a good one and its on my radar for a trading platform but mostly I use both tradingview, feedly, and since I already have my 401k with FNF I went with thier trading platform so I can roll over profits between the brokerage account and my ira without any delay.

Bonds and savings i have with Ally since they have a higher yield on APR.

As for physical commodities that I do trade in; I go with apmex directly and binary options for hedging I went with the more upstanding Nadex. Bitcoin trades go through coinbase but Fidelity.

Disclosure: I work for Fidelity Investments as a Software Engineer in Test and not as a investor therefore I do not have a series 7/8 licensing from FINRA. Any option or statement is held solely on my own behalf from my own experiences and not that of Fidelity Investments. All statements made by myself should not be taken as professional advice.

Lately I’ve been doing research on fibonacci dates and ganttz market analysis for technical timing of the market. Things have been promising and if we’re wanting to do a short interactive lecture on the subject I’ll be glad to host.

That would be okay by me! Right now we don’t have anything scheduled so if you want to schedule a class you could also put in for honorarium (if desired) and schedule for the night that is convenient.

P.S. Sorry the delay in answering, I’ve been out of town on vacation.

1 Like

Ok guys, now that I’m no longer with Fidelity and there is now no potential issues with conflict of interest…

I have a few ideas for the group to double our portfolios and been pitching to some startups. The thought is setting up an Investment fund for the group and doing a sort of maker “shark tank”. Thoughts? Comments?

I have a few other ideas as well and a course or two outlined for restarting the meet ups. But want to see if there’s still any interest over all.

Rising from the grave like a great stock trade… we have a discord channel: https://discordapp.com/channels/85746915295137792/85746915295137792

1 Like

Anyone tracking AMZN? https://www.tradingview.com/chart/GJ8GUNBr/