Steamroller printing event status

Forwarded message below, TLDR is they no longer can use the original location so smaller groups will meet on Saturdays to print over several weeks.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: Steam Rollin’ Deep Ellum 2020
To: Kenna Boles Prior <[email protected]>, Mary Wright <[email protected]>, John Kuhlenschmidt <[email protected]>, Gregory Holkam <[email protected]>, Terri Thoman <[email protected]>, Carrie Gibson <[email protected]>, Lisa Gabriel <[email protected]>, Astrud Aguirre <[email protected]>, Junanne Peck <[email protected]>, Vanessa Meshack <[email protected]>, Sydney Wilson <[email protected]>, Angela Faz <[email protected]>

This has been the hardest hurdle for us…

I have been in contact with Amber yesterday, as of now Deep Ellum Art Co is not hosting our steam roller event. Amber no longer works with them and wants to present an idea for us to create an event in Plano. I have no idea yet what she is thinking, we are to have conversation today.

I propose this…

All of you have worked hard to create the blocks and we have postponed too long! I want to open the studio for Saturday Print Sessions. We can not ALL print together due to health codes, so we will set a schedule for 1-3 artist each Saturday to Print their block. Paper and ink are provided for you each to print one print, and you are welcome to purchase additional paper for more prints at the time of your session. You are welcome to invite friends and family to view the process and enjoy the fruits of your labor…

Please, REPLY ALL to this communication so we will stay connected. I want to hear from all of you, your thoughts and concerns are important to me.

Terri Thoman

Fine Print Studio

[email protected]

4 Likes

I’m totally bummed, I wanted to steam roll the shit out of this block!!

3 Likes

So… investigate the cost of renting a steamroller for the weekend and talk to the board about hosting an event at DMS!

Terri owns all the other stuff that was used- well, except for walls to display the drying prints on…

Looks like it costs about $560 + delivery to rent for a day. This is from sunbelt.

3 Likes

If it’s a ride on steamroller, could be a fight over who gets to drive it. :grin:

3 Likes

Pay for the privilege???

2 Likes

It can’t be a free for all, there is a certain minimum level of consistency in the driving of the roller that is necessary. People want good prints from the process, and you also have some significant safety concerns that preclude swapping out the driver ever 15 minutes. They usually had 2-4 designated drivers for the entire event that would change over on a pre-set schedule in the past which seemed to work well.

3 Likes

I’ll learn to drive one, then teach an online class! :joy:

2 Likes