Steam generator

Does water have to be put into the steam generator periodically? If so, how do you know when and how do you do it? Thanks.

Yes. The sight glass shows the water level and is marked with Min/Max levels. Please use distilled water to refill it.

1 Like

Is the funnel-looking thing on the top where to fill it?

1 Like

Yes, some important things to note:

1. Turn off the steamer and make sure it has cooled off completely and there is no steam left. You can use the handle to let off most of the steam but you need to give it a while to cool down before you fill it.

2. There is a glass gauge on the side that shows how much is in there, fill it slowly as it will take a little while to catch up. Do not let it get past the top black line

3. While you are filling it, pull the handle down that normally releases the steam in order to offset the air pressure inside the machine so it won’t spill over and take forever to fill.

2 Likes

Does it take a whole lot of water before it gets high enough to show in the glass status bar? (edit: it was bone dry! I’m seeing evidence of progress but I’m afraid to overfill it. )

Holds about a gallon

1 Like

Thanks. I made about a gallon in the distiller and managed to get all of it into the steam generator. The level shows about 2/3 between “Min” and “Max”.

1 Like