Status of the Avcom PSA-65A spectrum analyzer?

Does anyone know anything about the spectrum analyzer on the amateur bench? I have it opened up right now and I see someone has been in here before me.

The mains fuse is blown and I don’t think we have a variac so I didn’t bother replacing it since there’s also a 12V input to try. The 12V fuse was missing also, but we do of course have current limited DC supplies.

It does power up on 12V and show a trace but the trace doesn’t sweep and the frequency display is blank.

The crystal on the frequency reference board doesn’t seem to be running, the whole board itself seems to not be receiving power, and the output coax cable appears to be missing.

Does anyone know any history on this thing?

It was dropped off in an unknown condition. If you can fix it, great! Otherwise, we’ll likely sell it on eBay as-is and use the money toward a working SA.

Ok well I think it’s in a good position to be diagnosed as far as presenting symptoms. The missing coax made me wonder what else may be missing, but I didn’t see any missing boards so I think it’s worth having a go at it.

Any update on your progress?