Starting a tubing bumper, who wants to learn?

I’m starting a new tubing bumper for my truck tonight.

If anyone wants to learn how I plan tubing work, how to run the bender, and about our tubing CAD software (we have 3 licenses of bendtech Pro) feel free to grab me whilst I’m there.

Tonight I’m taking measurements, running through the remaining CAD work, and bending the main hoop.

-Jim

3 Likes

What diameter tubing will you be using? Will the Tubing Notcher in Machine Shop be larger enough? If so, welding prep and fit up will be great.

Very interested… what time will you be working on it?

I’m going to be at the space around 9 and likely working until 11:30 or so.

-Jim

Jim would be interested in a class or learning whenever you have time.

As often happens, something came up.

I’ll be around these evenings to work on it. I’ll be back tomorrow at the least.

Cheers,
-Jim

What time do you think you will be working tonight? I am the guy that you did the “hot” class for on Thurs. The motorsport guys wanted me to get checked out to weld for them. I haven’t figured out how to message on talk yet.

This message explains it fairly succinctly (with pictures, to boot!)

1 Like

will likely try to be in around 7:30-8:30 tonight to get started.

The DMS username on your profile accurate? I still need to add you to the AD group (you should also request the Green Dot of membership so you can get access to the rest of Talk).

When I hit a stopping point or a break of some kind I can still do the welding stuff we talked about.

3 Likes

Thanks for update. Guess I’ll catch you another evening.

Where is Bendtech Pro loaded? (which machines?)

The Design Computers, which are currently located in the interactive classroom.

2 Likes