Stained glass classes

Hello… i was wondering how i can learn the requirements/safety regulations for the glass area so i can use and possibly teach a stained glass class in the area?

2 Likes

@meanbaby and more characters

1 Like

There is a comittee meeting on the calendar. Probably the best place to start (if she doesn’t see TALK before then)

Good Morning,

We have our Committee meeting tonight please join us! I would love to meet, and talk with you about teaching.

If you want to come in and hand cut glass and work in the space any time that is fine. The sink by our space has no trap yet, so if you need to rinse any glass you must use the utility sink on the other side by the restrooms.

There are hand tools in the cabinet under the microwaves. The glass in the space is for class use only at this time, BUT! we are planning on a scrap glass area soon for stain glass and mosaic use (for a small donation) .

All Glass equipment is training required. Unfortunately the electric has not been install to the grinders and saws, we only have 2 plugs in our space currently, Safety classes for equipment use will go up as soon as the electricity is installed.

There is 1 extension cord up by the microwaves that must be unplugged after it is used. I’m trying to keep away from extension cords all over the place. I understand there was and extension cord issue during the last DMS fire inspection.

I look forward to meeting you

Anita Willis

2 Likes

Ok thank you Anita! I will try to make it to the meeting today :blush:

1 Like

I hope you don’t mind that I used this post to add “Standing Rules & Guidelines” to the Glassworks wiki page.
Obviously you can revert if that is out of line, or add/edit those to suit.

1 Like

Yes, I appreciate you for catching that and adding.

@Christykaake please make sure when using the grinder any extension cords used are unplugged and put away when you are done. Also please use the sink on the other side in the utility closet ( by the bathroom) our sink can not be used until the filter/ trap is installed.