Stained Glass Beginnings

Hello,
I just joined today. I am interested unlearning the basics of stained glass, also where to purchase my own supplies. This has been something I have wanted to do for years, so I am very excited. I am free after 7 PM evenings, Friday and Saturday during the day currently. ( after June it will be evenings and weekends.) I have a soldering background from working in electronics, so I don’t need to learn that part… but need to learn the grinders, cutting etc.

Super excited to be here!

4 Likes

@Vincent might be able to help you

1 Like

You might try Art Glass City in Lewisville.

1 Like

you can also try stained glass unlimited in the colony

and kittrell riffkind in plano

we will be having a meeting on wednesday at 7pm for glassworks, Vincent and I will be working on a large glass piece for the DMS lobby after that

1 Like

Thank you so very much. I will do my best to make it !!!

Tossed up a “Suppliers” page for glass suppliers on the wiki…
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Glass_Suppliers
Put it on the “Suppliers” category page, as well: Category:Suppliers - Dallas Makerspace

Content appropriated from this thread and this GlassWorks page

1 Like

OH Crap!! I just realized this coming Wednesday is my cooking guild Meeting, which since I am the guild Mistress, I can’t miss. Are you there every Wednesday? ( or another time? ) I really want a chance to get started… brimming over with ideas!

committee meetings are every first Wednesday of the month at 7pm, I try to be at the space and in the glass area on Wednesdays if time allows.

2 Likes

hi I am Vincent, I would be happy help teach you how to build in stained glass.

1 Like

I’m Judie,
I know we definitely plan on being out there on Saturday, sometime in the afternoon, as Shawn wants to get some throwing done. ( We plan on hitting cottonwood Festival early in the day before it gets too insane) I may or may not get out there on Friday as well. it depends on if he has to got to either Balch Springs or Arlington for work this week or not.