Sqft Size of DMS?

How big is the DMS now with the latest new areas?

And I haven’t found mention of the size of DMS on the homepage, FAQ, or wiki. Maybe I didn’t dig enough. But I’m also curious why it’s not more readily and publicly shown? It’s amazing how big DMS is!

~36,000 sq ft with the new expansion.

1 Like

But what is the Sqrt Size of DMS?

2 Likes

189.73? :smirk:

2 Likes

Probably irrational.

2 Likes

i or j ? :smirk:

Thanks! Any reason that’s not posted on the home page or FAQ? It’s pretty amazing!

I think we need someone to work with PR and redo the home page.

@Coul @mrjimmy Hey Coulson and James… what do you think? How about putting the amazing size that our DMS is right up on the home page??

It’s exactly 16,575 on the south side (formerly suite 104) and 19,425 on the north side (formerly suite 102) - for a total of exactly 36,000 square feet.

We should calculate the cube feet now … let’s go 3D :wink:

The height of the roof is 22 feet. Now you can calculate cubic feet. Go for it!

1 Like

Yes, but some rooms have drop ceilings and others go all the way.
Hmm … we could also calculate the wasted space up in the ceilings.
Perhaps when I’m really really bored up there in the late late night. haha

It’s a great suggestion. However, @mrjimmy is currently up to his eyeballs with (a) running for a seat on the Board, (b) finishing up the last details for Phase 1 of Expansion, so the hand-off to the incoming Phase 2 chair is smooth, and © real life.

I am working with him and another member on promo materials, and this is the sort of impressive data that I think is in mind.

Edit: TALK chose to autocorrect my “c-in-parentheses” to a copywriter symbol. And I don’t feel like arguing the point with the software.

Here you go.

I do think it would be funny, in a geeky way, to add the cubic volume of the new space.

7.92m cubic feet.

1 Like

But some weird unit, like Cubits, Bushels, Pecks, Cubic Parsecs*, etc.

** Metric (SI) units ‎: ‎3.0857×1016 m; ~31 petameter One parsec is equal to about 3.26 This is so non-moon walkers won’t feel slighted. Althought it would be a damn small number light-years or 31 trillion kilometres (31×1012 km) or 19 trillion miles (19×1012 mi).[a]

1 Like

Hit www.dallasmakerspace.org and click on “Want more information: see our wiki”:

Then click on the “our space” link to see our (pre-expansion) floorplan:

It would be dandy if this link were corrected to

so that the actual file opens, rather than the file management page.
Also, updating the file to include the expansion, although before it’s finished might be premature. @John_Marlow might have the files and be willing. Or perhaps @mrjimmy?

Also, fixing the map appearance on that page, per this ticket would be good.

1 Like

WE NEED TO MAKE A DOOM .WAD FILE! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

One section needs to say “YOU ARE IN A MAZE OF TWISTY LITTLE PASSAGES, ALL ALIKE.”

3 Likes