Well guys I’m trying to make good on my attempt at building culture here at DMS and justify the money committed by the board for this task. WE’RE (We are not in the past duh) a team on this sucker. I need people to help with specific events and the larger idea of culture here at DMS. It’s a complex idea with a simple start. I just entered this below and it will be posted to the schedule soon:
Im working on purchasing a house which is sorted to close on the 24th. I hope not to need to move this meeting but if I do please forgive me. Things be crazy sauce (per my norm) Please sign up and watch talk and if anything changes I will send out a flare.
So this is going to be the first meeting of “specifically not the fluffers”
This is a new committee and I’m hoping many will want to be involved with this because with help it will grow to be something that will continue the culture building here at DMS - hopefully we will be a group of people laying down some scaffolding.
During this meeting we will be figuring out a few things:
- Figure out the name of the group
1a. Thumb wrestle or rock paper scissors out to figure out the victor
- Define the true mission of the group with specific objectives to hit
2a. Realize this will be flexing and fluxing
- T-shirt design contest: Say whaaaaa
- Events (big, little, and in-between)
- Figure out who can be volunt-told and define specific tasks for each area and a timeline
- Eat copious amounts of carb-based snacks and bond by eating copious amounts of carb-based snacks
- Talk about new member orientation and freak the hell on out.
On the plate:
reflections of the maker-trade day, November 4th Denton field trip (basically nothing to do except tell you what’s planned - everything is already in the works), planning December pot luck, planning the new member orientation in December (this is a biggie), looking down the pipe at larger things