"specifically not the fluffers" 1st meeting scheduled October 17th

Well guys I’m trying to make good on my attempt at building culture here at DMS and justify the money committed by the board for this task. WE’RE (We are not in the past duh) a team on this sucker. I need people to help with specific events and the larger idea of culture here at DMS. It’s a complex idea with a simple start. I just entered this below and it will be posted to the schedule soon:

Im working on purchasing a house which is sorted to close on the 24th. I hope not to need to move this meeting but if I do please forgive me. Things be crazy sauce (per my norm) Please sign up and watch talk and if anything changes I will send out a flare.

So this is going to be the first meeting of “specifically not the fluffers”

This is a new committee and I’m hoping many will want to be involved with this because with help it will grow to be something that will continue the culture building here at DMS - hopefully we will be a group of people laying down some scaffolding.

During this meeting we will be figuring out a few things:

1. Figure out the name of the group
    1a. Thumb wrestle or rock paper scissors out to figure out the victor
  2. Define the true mission of the group with specific objectives to hit
    2a. Realize this will be flexing and fluxing
  3. T-shirt design contest: Say whaaaaa
  4. Events (big, little, and in-between)
  5. Figure out who can be volunt-told and define specific tasks for each area and a timeline
  6. Eat copious amounts of carb-based snacks and bond by eating copious amounts of carb-based snacks
  7. Talk about new member orientation and freak the hell on out.

On the plate:
reflections of the maker-trade day, November 4th Denton field trip (basically nothing to do except tell you what’s planned - everything is already in the works), planning December pot luck, planning the new member orientation in December (this is a biggie), looking down the pipe at larger things

3 Likes

In for:

• New member orientation in December (this is a biggie)
  • Define the true mission of the group with specific objectives to hit
  • 2a. Realize this will be flexing and fluxing

Don’t even want to think what a “Fluffer” logo would look like.

1 Like

I’ve got one that got me banned from the NT CNC group. Ok, probably not good to use that one.
I’m playing lab assistant that week while the prof recovers so can’t make it. I’ll contribute where I can.

1 Like

Own the name fluffer. And tie it in with cotton candy

Can’t be a part of a meeting on Oct 17th, but I’d like to help with
#7, new member orientation.

I have transcribed (and bastardized, all without permission) Kris’ New Member Orientation onto the moodle, if anyone wants to run with that. I’ve gotten myself in deeper than I prefer with other commitments, in addition to brickwalling on moodle-building, so please, please take that project over! (or point me in better directions) if it can help.

3 Likes

Do you have a link to the bastardization of said moodle?

http://learn.dallasmakerspace.org/course/view.php?id=10
I’m guessing it’ll do you no good without someone (@AlexRhodes ?) making it viewable. If I should be able to do that, I don’t know how.

I will be at DMS on the 17th, bit I have a committee meeting at 8

Count me in, however.

I’m most likely out for the 17th :frowning:

Time?

There are a couple of committee meetings at 8.

I’m pretty sure I put it as 6p. I would totally have it another time but I just don’t think my life is going to allow me much flexibility. I will do my best to communicate the needs/wants/desires of this new venture in hopes to have some people join in the fun of it.

I won’t be able to make the meeting, but part of my day job is helping companies create cultures of health in their workplace. I’m not sure how much of it would transfer over to the environment of the makerspace, but if there is any interest, I’d be happy to run workouts in the parking lot, give nutrition lectures, help with deciding what goes in the kitchen, etc.

1 Like

I’m not sure how much we influence the content of the kitchen but it’s worth looking into. I’m down for trying anything around here. Although I will cuss your name during a workout I will appreciate the effort in making people healthier and I’ll do what I can to join in the (sometimes painful but necessary) change.

I hope I can make it, it will depend on what the warning light on our car is for

If it is a steady check engine light, it does not mean drop everything and take care of it now. Do not ignore it, but it is not urgent. If it is blinking, the vehicle needs service immediately.

I didnt know that! that is good to know, They pulled the code this afternoon and it says it is
a transmission issue

We spent almost $200 on this morning for a mew thermostat at Pep Boys (the light came on right after my
hubby left the house_ PB s inspections machinr was broken sot my hubby then headed
to another garage and the engine light came back on when they went to inspect it

I am very upset at Pep Boys

Well I’m waiting a bit but I’m not entirely sure I can make it work either. I’m meeting Alan after school to work on the truck.
But I have no choice really- I have NO other time this month that I could make it work. AHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who knew that homecoming, doing the meet up, buying a house, camping with cub scouts and finals would become a bit of a time crunch for me.

I have some notes I’ve been writing down. I’ll know by noon if I’m going to cancel this meeting or not.

Nicole just called to let us know she would be 30 mins late for the meeting tonight!

1 Like