Sparkly glitter ultra cute decoden!*~*~

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in taking a class on decoden?

What is decoden, you ask? Decoden is the art of making phone cases, journals, pencil cases, etc look like giant sparkly (inedible) cupcakes, covered with frosting, gems, charms, and anything else overwhelmingly unicorn poop glamorous!

Cost would be $20 a person, all decoden supplies included: silicone frosting, piping tips, gems,pearls, glitter, charms, and a few items to decoden. Or! If you want to get it down to $15, we could have it where you bring your own blank phone case, pocket journal or pencil box.

I would need to put the class in late June - mid July (to allow for ordering items online) and would need 10 people minimum in order to fund the class.

7 Likes

I need this class so I can make accessories for my kids’ pullips. And other things. I prefer the $20 everything included.

3 Likes

I probably will not be taking the class, but I have to say, “How cute.”

3 Likes

Oh? Do you have any other bjds?

I’d take it just for the fun of it
$20 all included would be my choice

2 Likes

Question - can non Makerspace people come to the class?

Yes. That is up to you when you submit the class.

1 Like

And as long as no tools/machinery that require training or certification to use are involved, which doesn’t appear to be the case here. But just for future FYI, if nothing else…

I would sign up. that is super cute. Everything included but would love to have a list of where to purchase supplies. :wink:

Oh wow, neat! I’d be interested…that’s a really unique mode of making.

lol! I found that the main place to get any sort of decoden supplies is on AliExpress or Taobao international. Both of which have pretty long shipping times and are not the most user friendly.

1 Like

Yep I have ordered from AliExpress before. My first time expectations were way off. Hope I can make your class looks really cool and I have been wanting to do a Wreck It Ralph Cosplay. :slight_smile:

The class has been submitted! Keep an eye out for when it posts. I hope to see you there!

3 Likes

This is live! I signed up for it. I didn’t see where I needed to pick until after I signed up so I would like a jewelry box if possible. But I will be happy with anything. Thanks so much for setting up the class! I sent it to a couple of non-DMS member friends. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh crud! I forgot an email! Thank you for letting me know!

Oh! also - any color you prefer? They come in pastel pink, purple, blue, and mint green.

Hey everyone! the class is live!

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/2589

3 Likes

Hey everyone, if you haven’t signed up yet, I have an extra two items to decorate, if you would like to pay at the door. Or! If you want to pay at the door and are okay with practicing decoden on an item other than the two items listed in the class, I will accept a larger number of pay at the door attendees.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/2589

Which items do you have extra?

Since everyone wanted chocolate notebooks, I have two of the macaron cases extra - one in pink, one in blue.

If a lot more people want to join at the door, I may get some little cases or notebooks locally to decorate.

1 Like