Source for Brake Pads and Discs

Need new brake pads and discs for my 09 Honda CR-V. What is the best source?

Google + Wikibuy.
Centric is a newish brand which most people seem to be happy with when it comes to rotors.
Brake pads, can’t go wrong with Akebono or Nissin (both Japanese OE brake manufacturer/supplier).

Check with Auto shop chair @TLAR. He manages an account with a local wholesaler that can get pretty much anything OEM delivered locally.

When I’m on my own, though, I use Rockauto.com as a source. They generally only offer top quality parts so you usually can’t go wrong, assuming you know what you actually need/want (that’s typically what my problem is…ignorance).

1 Like

When I use RockAuto I place several items in my shopping cart and leave them there for a week or so. Eventually I get an email back from RockAuto reminding me of my items in their shopping cart, they also send me a discount coupon.

6 Likes

Rotors locally are :
Front $38.40 each (coated)
Rear $24.22 each (coated)

(I like rock auto as well but not for shipping brake rotors)

Pads :
Front Akebono $41.20 (with upper holes on back plate for V Spring)
Front Nissin $48.00 (without upper holes on back plate for V Spring)

Rear akebono $33.75

Above parts are local at their “Will call” counter and they take cash or credit cards.
and yes they charge you sales tax.

The above parts company also (as Marshall knows) carries factory fluids for all the Asian and European vehicles.

2 Likes

I have 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD, what is the easiest way to find out if I need the ones with the upper holes or not?

According to the Akebono website ( as a double check) their part number crosses to the pads “with holes”

Who / where is your local supplier ?

Probably this…

1 Like

@TLAR
Is the supplier http://imcparts.net/ ?
Is the will call at their north Dallas location?
Are they open on Saturdays?

Thank you in advance.

The one nearer the space shows 0700 to 1500 today per the web page.

correct…

thanks Jast!

Just tried calling them. Need account number or directions on how to order.

Success. Parts are in the back of SUV. All goes well tomorrow I will have new brakes.

Thank you again TLAR.

1 Like