Sooey....Sooey....Sooey..Calling all PIGs

AKA Boss Hog …

:pig:

EDIT: I can’t take the credit for this idea. I’ll let the originator step forward and take credit … he knows who he is!

4 Likes

Don’t forget a google meet link, please.

Unfortunately Saturday evening is Passover, I’ll be elsewhere - that also starts at 5PM.

3 Likes

whatever happened to the project

Calling all PIG’s(Plastic Interest Group)… Join us this Saturday at the committee meeting to discuss items for plastics & where you want to see plastics go.

I work all weekend, I’d love to see a summary later. Personally I’d love to see plastics become the place where people go to make simple shapes instead of trying to 3d print what amounts to a square basically.

Raspberry pi cases for example, which could easily be cut and heat formed in moments in PIG take like 10+ hours on a 3d print.

I’d also love to see a donation bin /shelf. Like type 5 plastics from discarded plastic furniture / bins / shelving is to my experience more than good enough quality to do standard projects. It seems silly to bring in fresh sheets of type 5 when there’s enough in dumpsters to fabricate an entire shed or whatever.

A good intro class would be to make a cutting board entirely from recycled plastic. Just heat press and introduce whatever features desired.

5 Likes

@brenly :: I’ll set up a camera and record the meeting, if that would be useful to you.

I love this idea!

thats overkill but thank you. i’ll just read the notes that go into the wiki later.

This Saturday is Machine Shop/ PIG sigs meeting. Join us if you care about plastics & composites.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/16495

3 Likes