Someone cancelled/rejected a class I was planning to teach

It is time you dropped it, harping on it is not being excellent

It doesn’t matter how many folks chime in to explain the same thing, its still not a rule.

The problem is that this non-rule has not been applied unilaterally. It has been applied to me. If a differing set of rules are to be applied to my classes than the rest of DMS, I’ll pass. This means that a reviewer who had a differing agenda could simply make up a new rule, cancel my class, and make me look foolish, while hoardes rush to support the action…exactly what is happening here.

Either make it a rule and make sure that all classes at DMS follow the rule, enact it on a given date. But since I wrote my class description prior to enactment of said rule this should have never happened. All I can do as a teacher at DMS is look at the rules and follow them. I cannot apply a non-written rule, because it is not there for me to read and follow.

Our first rule is to ‘be excellent’ and you are not doing that, what you are doing
is approaching harassment in my opinion

No it doesn t does it? Just make the needed changes and resubmit it

You have been told why and what you need to do and instead your rail and
vent and get very rude to others that don t share your zeal for LabView

You are not following our rules in the way your act, James,

1 Like

5 Likes

Honorarium is granted unless pulled by a director or appointed volunteer within 72 hours of submission.

That is the “rule” that is being applied. Bill is appointed to approve classes and pulled yours for the reasoning above.

Good luck

3 Likes

Just as an FYI, as much as I hate to wreck your martyr time, you aren’t the only person who has had a class pulled because it appeared to be a personal project class.

You know why no one knew about the others? They didn’t have a full on tantrum on Talk about it.

9 Likes