Some basic electronics math

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur malesuada, velit eget dignissim malesuada, arcu sapien gravida ante, et vulputate mi mi ut nisi. Etiam elit ligula, consequat a placerat eget, maximus a enim. Suspendisse in interdum sem. Morbi sem magna, aliquam quis blandit eget, finibus non ex. Suspendisse non feugiat eros. Phasellus dolor risus, ornare vel convallis non, egestas non risus. Integer mollis elit ac leo tempus, sed tincidunt nulla volutpat. In sollicitudin feugiat semper. Morbi pulvinar ac lacus non pellentesque. Pellentesque semper ante risus, sit amet mollis ligula suscipit ac. Phasellus facilisis pellentesque urna, id dignissim est molestie fringilla. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Nulla libero neque, viverra vel diam quis, accumsan mollis justo.

2 Likes
1 Like

Stop scaring people. You do not need to understand all of that to do things with electronics.

True, but the first two videos cover how to use Kirchoff’s Laws. Which next to Ohm’s Law is the second thing anyone interested in Electronics should learn. Isn’t all that hard.

2 Likes

That wasn’t aimed at you, but the other guy, putting up banjo music like that…

1 Like

Ah, but calculus reveals fundamental truths…

2 Likes

To quote the famous Budweiser ad campaign:

True.

But I also agree that perhaps the vast majority of electronics work (80% or more) boils down to application of Ohm’s Law:

V = I * R

where

V=voltage
I=current
R=resistance

However, this thread is ‘Some basic electronics math’, and youtube is awesome. Anyone interested in electronics who wants to get an EE degree will spend whole semesters, whole courses even dedicated to applications of just one of those videos. For example, introduction to electromagnetics, a junior level EE class at Texas A&M, would spend the entire course working out applictions of Maxwell’s equations. A power electronics/electric motors and generators study might spend multiple courses in grad school working on very specific applications of Faraday’s Law or Lenz’s Law.

This thread presents a chance to summarize the study of EE (and basic mathematics involved) in a single thread. Well, here it is. This is something I never got to see before going to college, and would have loved to know what to expect. Again, here it is. I know we live in ultra-sensitive 21st century culture, but I don’t think we have to apologize for our interest in mathematics. The fact that human beings have been able to write the equations that electrons, holes, e-fields, and b-fields will follow, like every single time, is awesomely powerful in my opinion, and deserves a tribute like this thread. And for those planning to attend EE school in the future, you can get ahead of the curve by knowing what to expect to study up front and learn about these things early.

1 Like