Solaris wanted?

The thread about the demise of Solaris reminded me of these, and I just got around to finding them. Does Vintage Computers have any interest in these? The seals in the books and disks inside the boxes are for the most part unbroken.

2 Likes

Their a bit newer than our the target, but since solaris did play a big part in the start of the internet on the ISP side and is still in place at several government contractors that would be huge yes.

Go a head and leave it on the desk or if they can safely stay one of the silver shelves.

2 Likes

Which desk or shelves, common area? I’ll try to drop them off tomorrow.

In 2.6, I wouldn’t say they “worked”… I would say that after years of messing around with previous versions and failing horrifically, they had something that you could get stable and leave alone for awhile. All that said, in comparison to RedHat at the time, they had a pretty solid product. If you needed big iron, you still went with VAX.

Yep, the museum as it where.

1 Like

I forgot to put them in the car this morning so I can’t drop them off today. But next time I take the car I will drop them off. Glad I actually held on to them, wish I still had the hardware to donate.

1 Like

Any and all donations do help, whether its software, print, media, hardware, articles, or classroom honorariums its all greatly appreciated. We’re here to help teach others about computer history and engineering, with everyone’s help we can achieve that goal.

1 Like

@denzuko I dropped them off on the floor next to the desk.

1 Like