So who is into drones?

I would prefer Eachine from Banggood or FuriBee from GearBest. You can reuse the parts or retrofit new ones.

With banggood, you need to be bit patience. Unless you are in hurry, their products are reliable.

1 Like

If you’re just getting started, a good place to go first is https://www.flitetest.com/getting-started

You can then dig through their extensive video library for Drone topics. Lots to learn about all types.

If you want to get started today and learn to fly line-of-sight, I’d start with an Inductrix and some spare batteries, a charger and parallel adapter so you can charge several batteries at once.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-accucel-6-50w-6a-balancer-charger-w-accessories.html

Get a power supply for the charger at Tanner Electronics.

You can fly the Inductrix inside, bounce it off walls, and generally won’t do any damage while you get your eyes, brain, and thumbs all working on the same page together. That takes a while, but one it “clicks” you’ll naturally fly around the room with no problem. You can also upgrade to a nice radio later that still works with the Inductrix and get rid of the one that comes with it.
After that, consider a FliteTest Gremlin with short props that are harder to break.

Camera platforms like a Mavic are a different animal than race drones. They’re just stable platforms to mount a camera and you don’t “fly” them so much as you just tell them where to go and what to take a picture of.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t Inductrix need a Spektrum transmitter? What are the options for some one who already owns a Taranis?

1 Like

Off the shelf solution:

DIY solution:

1 Like

The orange box seems to be unreliable.
My actual question was, Is there any drone like Inductrix for Taranis Tx.

OTS:

DIY:

Just get the inductrix with the transmitter included for $10 more Pass it on to someone else when you move on, or keep it because it is fun and easy to travel with.

I have an inductrix for sale if anyone would like to by it.

does it transmit video or just capture it to a sd card?

I also have a drone business. I build custom drones for other drone professionals. I would totally be down for a DMS drone user / builder group.

4 Likes

its FPV 5.8g gotta fly with fatshark googles

1 Like

build custom drones for other drone professionals

Ok so I’m working on building out a manufacturing line of AI designed, 3d printed, and cloud controlled drones but I never have time to sit down to dedicate time for the engineering side of things. Would you be open to a few commissions or maybe vendor contracts?

1 Like

I think it’d be fun to bring back the drone build group. I’m sure there are now several of us that have our 107 licenses, so even more than just being fun, we could eventually make a few bucks off of it with the amount of connections we have here.

I keep going back and forth regarding just going the DJI Air route, but from what I hear, they have the whole airspace thing locked down pretty tight making it hard to fly in this area. Anyone have one of the newer DJI drones that can verify / deny the ability of them to fly here in Dallas under the Class B? (asking as a hobbyist, not pro of course!)

Not sure if the DJI drones fall under class b or not but as for areas to fly I usual check b4ufly or fly inside a very large space like…

go explore

or some place around town

Yes I would be down to discuss this and work together

1 Like

smashing less sync up at the next 2600 meeting.

We would be best friends.

how are you planning to transmit out of sight drones…satellites? nano?