Slow Cool Glaze Firing Scheduled for 1-15-21

Maybe ancient copper would make more crystals

1 Like

Actually, all the stuff I’ve been reading on the Amaco FB page says that Ancient Copper works best with a hot Cone 6 and a regular cool.

Folks talk about the metallics a lot because they’re finicky.

1 Like

No, not Art Deco green although it would have possibilities…it was a recent release from this year.

June Bug? Emerald Falls?

2 Likes

Ancient Copper and Ancient Jasper are two that will likely look different - not necessarily better.

2 Likes

Yeah, June bug!

3 Likes

I would be interested in this one too

1 Like

Actually used two of these from this for the upcoming pre test slow cool glaze firing next Saturday. I have Autumn Spice and Orion. Let me know if you’d like to use them. We will see how they turn out.

1 Like

Ppl are talking about the new micro colors not working. Wrong clay bodies mostly. My guess.

These are my Vintage Gold and Midnight micros. In our glaze run. Smooth porcelain. Crystals won’t grow on rough surfaces. It needs smooth surface tension. Rough bodies or texture create a matte look instead of crystal growth.

4 Likes

They’re tricky, I tried them in the regular cone 6, but they were fairly flat, though a bit metallic. Asked at Trinity, and Kay said they need a slow cool.

I’ve got Antares and Orion also if you are interested.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t read all the way to the bottom, thought they were pics of the way Blue Spark and June Bug are supposed to turn out. Those are great!

That is blue/midnight? spark and vintage gold.

1 Like

Cool, will make sure smooth next time/porcelain (and regular to see the difference).

How many coats? Used 3, but maybe that wasn’t enough.

3 coats yeppers. 3 thin coats dried between.

2 Likes