Simple 3d print help?

Would anyone be able to print 6 of these little pieces for me? I’ll pay you for time and materials. These little guys go between lumber racks and the wall and I bought some used racks that didn’t come with enough of these. They need to hard plastic, other than that they don’t have to be very precise. The inner hole has a 7 mm diameter, outer circle is 32.5 mm and height is 11 mm with a little raised lip that is just on part of the edge to hold the bar in place. Let me know if anyone can help
Color doesn’t matter, they just need to be rigid.

I can help you a little with it. I’m not good at printing, but based on your photos and measurements I think I’ve designed the piece for you.

I scaled it up 8% to allow for ABS shrinkage. If it’s not perfect you can probably take a Dremel or file to it.

I’ve placed the Fusion360 design and also the printable .stl file into your member directory. Folder name is 0 Ryan Spacer.

If someone else is willing to slice and print it, you should be good to go.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 9.45.18 PM

3 Likes

Thank you Chris, that looks amazing. Hopefully someone else can help slice and print it as I’ve never even sniffed a 3d printer or class.

1 Like

If that part was molded from PVC or nylon, then the ABS won’t be nearly as strong.

You might want to redesign it to fill the internal voids with plastic for additional strength.

And 8% shrinkage is overkill. The printer lays the plastic down very precisely.

I may be able to help you.

Contact me at 9729556836random to discuss.

1 Like

Yep. I was off by a decimal. I rescaled it to 0.8% for ABS.

2 Likes