Silkscreen - read up peoples

Good information, thanks! I’ve never done silkscreen before. And I’m new to the space. I seriously want to learn EVERYTHING!

1 Like

I’m copying this from another area to cover the basics. I hope this is clear as mud.

We will charge $30 for the screens here at the space to cover the screen plus shipping

We are going to ask for a $4-5 donation for using emulsion on the screen - this is based off the estimate given to me from the guy on the phone. We are purchasing RXP Dual Cure based on the needs of the space.

Inkjet film is going to go for $2 a sheet

For printing we are going to ask that members contribute $1 per shirt to cover the cost of ink/stripper/screen opener/gloves/baby wipes (if they are using ours)

Of course if you are buying all your own stuff more power to you and you don’t need to kickback any dollas.

4 Likes

Is there a class scheduled yet? Or a tentative target date?

That is a very good question for the teachers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still waiting for that Letterpress class. Hopefully the out going chair as a LAST ACT will buy ink and rollers and with all the newly found free time teach class. Am I a dreamer of just delusional?

2 Likes

Delusions can be “bizarre” or “non-bizarre” in content;[2] non-bizarre delusions are fixed false beliefs that involve situations that could potentially occur in real life, such as being followed or poisoned.[3] Apart from their delusions, people with delusional disorder may continue to socialize and function in a normal manner and their behavior does not generally seem odd.[4] However, the preoccupation with delusional ideas can be disruptive to their overall lives.[4] For the diagnosis to be made, auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, though olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.[2]

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think we can call this one :wink:

Stamps are being made on the Shapeoko now and we have a low profile vise available. I also have it working with Fusion 3D. Seems like new letterpress letters (is that the right term?) are ready for a serious attempt.

1 Like

@uglyknees isn’t this GREAT!

Looking to replace the wasteboard and add limit switches in the next couple weeks. Need to take it offline for a day or two. Then it needs some calibration. My test cylinders are a wee bit out of round.

@uglyknees I spoke with you a couple of weeks ago about teaching the screen printing class. Let me know what I need to do to help

2 Likes

There’s two jars of black speedball ink and many brayers in CA in a tub in cubbies. Also, to my surprise, a stash of lino.

Do let me know when you have a go at the machine. I’d like to learn more about it.

1 Like

I’ve used silk screens before in the past (super rusty with burning a screen) but if I could take and audit a class or two I’d be willing to teach!

5 Likes