Si4737 breakout design

Hello, I am trying to breakout the radio IC, si4737 FM/AM/WB with RDS/RBDS. I’m trying to make a circuit to breakout the si4737 and control it with a microcontroller. I know how the IC works, but not how to pick out all the components to make the IC work. Would anyone be willing to help me figure out how to design a schematic to make the IC work? Thanks!

EDIT: It looks like the si4743 is cheaper, has better high quality RDS, and also SW/LW bands, which I probably will not use. So, I am trying to look into the si4743 instead of the si4737.

Think I may have seen this part associated with raduino.
Quick search got this
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=169899.0

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I did read that, but I didn’t notice the attached pictures the first time. So, the circuit and board pictures are definitely helpful! However, I am not sure if he ever got it working exactly. The whole thread sounds like he’s having issues using the IC to tune to a station.

I am also not sure how to know if his circuit is even any good. I am just concerned I will buy the parts, and be unable to get the circuit to work properly haha.

Fixed it for you. (I’m a moderator on that forum.) (Huh. Well, mostly fixed it. The links won’t work correctly.)

1 Like

Oh, well thank you! However, I was unclear, I meant about the board and circuit pictures in the arduino forum post art shared. Again thank you both!!

Might reach out to @Adam_Overman. He has some hands on experience w/ radruino.

Not sure how different the si4737 is from the si5351a, but here is the schematic for the raduino.

1 Like

You were quite clear.

The images are now visible when you visit the Arduino forum. It is no longer necessary to download the images to view them. In your case, it will make little difference because you have very likely already fetched them. But, in case you visit that thread again, downloading is no longer necessary.

1 Like

Ok, thanks Adam! I am suprised I didn’t see anything about the raduino come up in my searches. I will definitely have to read up on that!

Oh my bad, well thanks again Brian!

Np, unfortunately I don’t think it’s going to be much help. Yours is basically a whole radio on a chip the one on the raduino is more of a frequency generator. I do hope you’ll share your project and progress because it looks like an interesting chip.

1 Like

Yeah, upon further inspection I think you’re right. I read the IC allows precise frequencies to be generated, but I’m not really sure how that can be utilized. Anyway, thank you, and yeah I can definitely keep you guys posted. I found some docs from SI, and I think I’m just going to order parts for their partial circuit. Build it and hopefully I can get it working lol.