Show and Tell November 2021

I forged a simple rack for my fireplace tools. 1/4”x1” mild steel bar stock, finished with a black BLO/beeswax finish. Mounted with modified square-headed lag screws. Mounting the fireplace tools in front of each other fits the available space better. I had to make the rack mount slightly high to avoid a split in the log - an advantage of making it myself.

16 Likes

Spent maybe $85 on materials. Pretty happy with the results.

20 Likes

I’m having a lot of fun in glassworks this month!

23 Likes

Oh my goodness… these are beautiful! Great work.

1 Like

full sized stained glass master sword from Legend of Zelda.

grip is made with fused glass to make the layered glass for the leather wrap look better

22 Likes

I made a few locating DOG’s for the muticam on the Tormach.

Just under 20mm on the minor diameter, 1” on the major.

I’ll have some videos to upload later of it.

14 Likes

leather commission for a client.

made a field notebook wallet. i set the credit card slots on the OUTSIDE so it could be a wallet without having to flip it open constantly.

it’s got two shades of black. a subtle bluish black and then a coal black.

10 Likes

Scrap hardwood charcuterie board and forged cheese slicer. Made from many strips of scrap wood from another cutting board project. The cheese cutter is 1/2” steel blackened with beeswax with welding wire for the slicer.

14 Likes

Another batch of 200 tiles in process for shows. Lots of video game and pop culture in this batch…

Polyurethane coats in progress.

Sanding pass to de-nib/smooth out the polyurethane before applying the final two coats.

15 Likes

Those are awesome!

I would really like to learn how to do that because a friend has a house you recently bought and wants to redo the tile in the bathroom and the kitchen. The kitchen drastically needs it because the previous owners did it and green and red. Its horrible, lol

Laser and Ceramic Crossover…laser cut the template after designing in Inkscape….then ran over to ceramics and rolled out the clay :rofl:

13 Likes

Oh gosh, I have a friend that would love some of these. How can I see what you have available maybe post-show and purchase?

I finally completed a piece for one of the many Christmas gifts I want to give this year! This is a quick swipe pour painting made to mimic crashing waves on a beach.

10 Likes

Shout out to @Lordrook and @prl2018 for providing me the wood and lessons to make drumsticks for my kid on the lathe.

They aren’t all that spectacular, because it’s very obvious which one is the original and all of my drumsticks vary slightly. But, my kids had a blast painting them and none of them broke in his drumming sessions (yet), so this was a win in my book.

12 Likes