Show and Tell March 2023

Finally she is finished. I posted about this in the January thread, but now it is really done. This is a piece pulled from a game I really loved called Disco Elysium. There’s this scene in a church that really got me in a good way.

I had the canvas printed and mounted back in January.

And after some experimentation, I figured out how to get a resin figure in the shape of the lungs with slots for LEDs.

And sooner or later the design was actually functional

I had the outer frame cut out of walnut and engraved on the multicam (Thank you @SWA for helping me out)

And now finally, it’s done

14 Likes

In honor of Easter and Ostara, we decorated wooden and ceramic eggs with markers, in styles inspired by Ukrainian psyanky. We had some lovely creations. Hosted by Sue Rogers, sroriginals.
![20230318_163502|690x388](upload://
4xVYDZG1alfgtPpl8tsboRzVyHD.jpeg)

1 Like

Okay, am having trouble posting picture. Trying again.

12 Likes

Several of these were by my 5 year old granddaughter

3 Likes

Quick and easy cotter pin tweezers. These work well for extracting splinters. Sanding belt to even up and sharpen the tips (dipping occasionally in water to prevent overheating), then bend to final shape.

Quick to make (less than five minutes each) and handy to have on hand.

9 Likes

I’m glad those angles lined up for you. It is always nice to see the finished product. It looks great Anthony!

1 Like

Science recently added The Analog Thing, an analog computer for doing real time calculations of Chaotic Equations. Rob Virkus and Russell Crow

Here is The Lorenz Attractor in real time displayed on an Old School Tektronix 455.

8 Likes

Just a funny note that a 455M is still my first choice when I need to take a scope somewhere. Maybe a decent pelican style case fitted to my Rigol might change that eventually.

1 Like

Worked on recreating the bike that SmarterEveryDay showcased, thinking it wouldn’t take me as long (having ridden bicycles for years). It was amazing when it suddenly clicked, and then when going back, just like what was mentioned in the video.

Actual motivation for starting this project was seeing this person throwing a barspin.
Later on someone posted a tailwhip.

Project was finished a few months ago, but the goal was to spin bar, and I only landed it recently. It was very amusing handing it to people, and watching them suffer trying to balance on it.

Watch me suffer:

9 Likes

Does the analog thing just a bunch of analogy computer circuits… integrator…etc?

This reminds me of one of my favorite childhood games, Defender.

3 Likes

God…the money I “invested” in that game…sigh.

2 Likes

Get in the car. I’ve got a fistful of quarters and we have some astronauts to rescue!

2 Likes

My almost complete dice bag/rolling tray for TTRPG. Still need to add a snap at the top.

Made from 4oz Vegtan and 2oz legacy upholstery leather sample sheets. The toggle button is sliced from a shed elk antler.

When open, the pouch doubles as a dice rolling tray.

14 Likes

Taking pictures of a shiny epoxy top can be as frustrating as taking pictures of a mirror! Live edge English walnut slabs, nogal bowties, black epoxy fill, and clear flood coat. For a mobile bar top and is 2"x 3’x6’.

In progress:

Mosquito hawk suicide by epoxy:

Variable refections:

9 Likes

How did you cut the pockets for the bow ties?

Yes, it uses TL074 operational amplifiers to integrate, sum, differentiate, log, in currents converted to voltages. It has other chips to multiply and divide as well. Analog Computers are ridiculously fast and cheap for doing very complicated Math, but they don’t have the absolute precision required for Crypto Mining–too bad!

1 Like

A full Stuffy Zoo…
Made from poplar and 3/8th bungee cord

12 Likes

Did Bert push Ernie out?

1 Like

Arkansacide?