Show and Tell June 2020

Lol, I think it’s because we’re overachievers. The same thing could’ve been accomplished with printer paper, a sharpie, some tape, and one of those paint stirring sticks. But yours definitely look more professional! I look forwards to seeing them (and the space) in person tomorrow

Got the cabinet, innerds and wheels painted up! I’ve been working on cleaning up the top.

21 Likes

learned generative design, this is a headphone stand.

8 Likes

Did water test… It held strong everywhere but corners… the rest holds fine but for peace of mind and since I have to do the corners, might as well do it all. First real pour today.

1 Like

Curious if a thin piece of silicone, like a few mm thick the height/width (2"x3/4"?) of edge, sandwiched between the corner edges would work. The clamps would be strong enough to squeeze it tight and form the seal. If it can be permanently secured to one side it would be a nice no fuss benefit to the product.

Tried it and it works everywhere but the tiniest place in the corner but the longevity of it wouldn’t withstand. I will think on it a bit more

Check out another generative design I made, this shelf bracket is like me, super freaking cool!

:rofl:

@TBJK @talkers @David_A_Tucker @uglyknees

11 Likes

They look like the flowing fingers of an alien blob.

1 Like

Thank You pens for staff at my mom’s assisted living facility.

19 Likes

What kind of pen kits are those? Very pretty!

1 Like

Thank you! They are from Exotic Blanks. Called the Thank You Pen Kit. It says Thank-you around the lower band. This is the gun metal and gold finish. Other finishes available. Exotic Blanks is great to deal with. Bonus, all Exotic Blanks shipments come with a pkg of peanut M&Ms!

4 Likes

Uses the same bushings as Gatsby/Sierra kits.

Nicely done. What a very thoughtful gift!

1 Like

Thanks so much! It’s hard for my mom to show appreciation when everything is on lock down, so this is a way she can give a little something to thank the people who are so helpful. I gave her a sleeve and a card with instructions for each one.

4 Likes

And most people really appreciate something that has been handmade, so it’s doubly nice.

2 Likes

Please list the materials used for the barrel of the pens. Which wood or acrylic etc?

Awesome job. I make a lot of pens and I’m always looking for recommendations for pen models and blanks.

1 Like

Thanks so much. No, it has a deep gouge from when it hit the tool rest on its way across the garage. The gouge was too deep to sand out before finishing. It has several other handcrafted defects, too.

1 Like

Aka “distressed”

1 Like

“Maker’s Mark”

It’s how you know its hand made

2 Likes